icon

Charging AGM Battery

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rfhvhtoo 
Copper - Posts: 238
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2012 at 4:16 PM / IP Logged  
Okay, if I HAVEEEE to... ill call it the truth behind capacitors & car audio (hopefully).
I can't hear you!
rfhvhtoo 
Copper - Posts: 238
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2012 at 4:25 PM / IP Logged  
Posted
I can't hear you!
oldspark 
Gold - Posts: 4,913
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2012 at 8:45 PM / IP Logged  
Well done, it's been locked. (And I don't disagree. It's a waste of the12volt resources repeatedly dealing with simple fundamental understandings.)
When you understand or don't understand published info on what you are asking, then maybe start a new thread, and supply that info source (link and extract) as well as what your specific question is else how you understand it.
If you can't understand what sources are saying (like my links in your cap thread) then I suggest going a step lower - eg, a capacitor-101 course (maybe bcae1.com and similar).
If you have a specific real problem - like your audio output is dipping at certain times - then a new thread describing your problem, your set-up, and what you want to achieve. But make sure you have appropriate wiring first(the BIG-3 etc, and a copious alternator), that's saves a common standard reply from us.
FYI for a laugh - I recently read a site where someone added a battery or cap or something and the wrote "I'm glad I did that before upgrading the Big-3 etc" . I cracked up! (I think their solution was more expensive than the big-3 besides which, if needed, the big-3 is a fundamental requirement. It's like the tarmac on an F1 or nascar track assuming you want speed, or minimised voltage drops and max power etc for electric power situations.)
But that was in some "car audio" forum, well known for caps first, then batteries, and then and alternator. IMO that is totally inverted (just like an SMPS-powered amp that for reasons unknown outputs less power with lower voltage steady input!).
oldspark 
Gold - Posts: 4,913
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2012 at 3:09 AM / IP Logged  
Not wanting to hijack this thread due to your other (locked) thread etc, but I just read of your University learning.
You can therefore provide digital scope outputs else pics that support what you are saying, eg, caps discharge and recharge many times etc, or that caps charge "faster" than batteries. (A batt may only recharge 1% in a second, but that is still far more capacity than a cap. My battery recharges at 40-45A after cranking (I have a 90A alternator instead of its OEM ~20A generator) and drops to under 10A after 1 minute. Take any time segment therein and tell me what cap has recharged with an equal or greater capacity.)
Also, have you had any of the relevant University teaching staff concur with your writings (maybe Bobby Fox or Jane, even Scotty or the Ant)?
If so, please let me know!
If not, have you approached them to explain what is happening etc?
They should be able to fill the gaps that we are unable to make you understand. They should at least know the basic theory (which contradicts your conclusions) if not the actual application.
They might even explain which way current flows (ie, both).
Page of 6

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic