icon

need a cheap 10 or 12 sub for under 75

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bentz69 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2010 at 8:10 PM / IP Logged  
Im trying to get a 10" or even a 12" sub for no more then 75$. Yea I know its not a lot of money at all but its a gift with the max of 75$. I have 1 10" type r in a sealed box in my acura and it hits plenty hard and the sq sounds great to me.
Im not trying to break any records here and I hardly listen to music loud at all. I just prefer tight bass when listening to techno/trance. I need something that is going to sound decent for that price if possible
Ill be using a rockford p300-1 300 watts x1 @ 2ohms
Please check this link and pick a a sub for under 75 bucks that would you use if you had to.
10"
http://www......com/viewcat.php?category_id=40&price_min=51&price_max=100&sort_order=price_asc&items_per_page=100&f_31=98
12"
http://www......com/viewcat.php?category_id=41&price_min=51&price_max=100&f_31=98&sort_order=price_asc&page=1&items_per_page=100#
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2010 at 9:28 AM / IP Logged  

If I had a restricted budget like that I'd head to my local car audio shop and see what kind of deal they could make me on a used system they were replacing out of someone else's car.

By the way, please read the forum rules, EBay links do not work here.

Support the12volt.com
bentz69 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2010 at 4:18 PM / IP Logged  
They were links from .... ... sorry
bentz69 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2010 at 4:21 PM / IP Logged  
bentz69 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2010 at 4:21 PM / IP Logged  
wth, why cant i post the name of a site? Im not even linking it
the12volt 
Administrator - Posts: 3,955
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2010 at 4:58 PM / IP Logged  
It's one of several sites that have been spammed on here in the past. Please post the make and model numbers.
need a cheap 10 or 12 sub for under 75 - Last Post -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com
bentz69 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2010 at 9:56 PM / IP Logged  
I think Ive narrowed my choices down to 2. What do you guys think? Like I said before, I prefer sq over spl and my amp is 300w x 1 @ 2 ohms
JBL GT5-10D 10" svc
Kenwood KFC-W3011 12" dvc
kenwood_nut 
Stock Boy - Posts: 227
Stock Boy spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2010 at 10:12 PM / IP Logged  
bentz69 wrote:
I think Ive narrowed my choices down to 2. What do you guys think? Like I said before, I prefer sq over spl and my amp is 300w x 1 @ 2 ohms
JBL GT5-10D 10" svc
Kenwood KFC-W3011 12" dvc
GO WITH THE KENWOODS, man!!! I've actually been on a tight budget a few times and have always ended up with Kenwood. If you check specs (low frequencies in the Frequency Response section) you'll notice Kenwoods go pretty low and not very high, which is important. Ironically, I've owned those exact subs you mentioned, the KFC-W3011 SVC 12"!
These were from the mid 1990's in one of my cars...
need a cheap 10 or 12 sub for under 75 - Last Post -- posted image.
You'll be VERY happy with the K-woo's. Trust me. Don't even consider any "lesser, lower quality brands". Of all the top name subs and speakers out there, Kenwood has been known to have some awesome specs! Do NOT base your decision on power handling alone! Look at Sensitivity AND Frequency Response.
Hey, if I wasn't a fan of Kenwood, my username would be slightly different. LOL!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic