icon

best/cheapest place to buy fuses/bulbs?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kenwood_nut 
Stock Boy - Posts: 227
Stock Boy spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2010 at 9:03 PM / IP Logged  
Greetings, fellow 12 volt enthusiasts! I've searched the site but didn't find any particular thread that could answer my question, so I decided to ask here. Hope someone can steer me in the right direction.
I just bought a 93 Cadillac Seville and as with every car I buy, I like to have spare fuses and bulbs on me in case I blow something or get pulled over because a bulb is burned out. I've found over the years that cops are much more cool and lenient if you have a spare bulb or fuse and can fix a problem on the spot. Plus, you're more likely to be allowed to drive away without a ticket.
So I'm planning on purchasing a huge selection of bulbs and fuses. The fuses I will need are Bussman (I use NO other fuse brand) ATM 10, 15, 20, & 30 amp fuses plus APX 30, 40, 50 & 60 amp fuses. As for bulbs, I have tons of different numbers to get.
My question is: What is the cheapest place to buy automotive fuses and bulbs? Of course Walmart seems to be cheapest around town, but they don't sell them online. Can someone suggest a great site that is cheap on price and full on inventory?
Thanks. I appreciate anyone who can suggest a cheap website or local auto parts store where I can stock up on bulbs and fuses.
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 14, 2011 at 2:13 PM / IP Logged  
Why do you use "no other fuse brand"? I have been working with cars since the late 80's...professionally throughout 90's and as a hobbyist now. I have NEVER had a problem with any brand name fuse. If you can deal with not buying Bussman fuses, Partsexpress.com has littelfuse at fairly reasonable pricing.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2011 at 5:40 AM / IP Logged  
Why a "huge selection"? Are you expecting loads of grief?             Really all you should need are stop/tails, 380/382 types.              And littelfuse is the originator and supplier of choice for most OEM auto equipment.
Then there was RRoyce insisting on Bulgin in the 60s.
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2011 at 8:56 PM / IP Logged  
Autowrecker.....
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2011 at 1:46 AM / IP Logged  
X2 there.
awdeclipse 
Copper - Posts: 285
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2011 at 2:29 PM / IP Logged  
Stay away from Harbor Freight for fuses, that is all the advice I have for you. They are nothing more then a labelled shunt.
bihili 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2011 at 10:58 AM / IP Logged  
Memotronics
http://www.memotronics.com/
1957-427-177-6-488

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic