icon

wiring diagram for clifford concept 650

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ejenner 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2010 at 11:34 AM / IP Logged  

Wondering if anyone had a wiring diagram for a Clifford Concept 650.

Particularly interested in the relay configuration as I'm looking at a bad install and I need to put it right. 

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2010 at 1:36 PM / IP Logged  
Since the wires are all black what exactly is the problem?
Some Mk ll 650s suffered from sticky relays, also look at the black external junction box, might be bad connections in there, also look at the white molex plug on the body (1 plug if a 650, 2 if a 650 Mk ll) make sure it doesn't pull out, last voltage check on your 12volt input and ground. The 12volt input should have the 5amp fuse.
Frankly if you need a wiring diagramme, you shouldn't be doing this, for me it's a no brainer, I've installed well over a hundred.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2010 at 1:38 PM / IP Logged  
Also if it's a Mk ll you really shouldn't need relays for the locking they are built in.
ejenner 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2010 at 3:37 AM / IP Logged  

Not having trouble any more.  I read elsewhere on another post that the relays are for central locking.  My customer knows his central locking and alarm don't work so I don't have to fix those.  Not unless he asks me to anyway. 

I'm installing a new ECU, loom and sensors to the car and I was worried that the alarm might be using the relays to cut the fuel or power to the ECU or something.  The alarm actually seems to be wired to isolate the power at the ignition switch so it's not really giving me any trouble. 

What the original installer has done with the relays for controlling the central locking is puzzling though.  I've read the Clifford grounds an output to lock or unlock the central locking.  So really I can't see the point in having two stupid relays for doing that.  No wonder it's broken, the guy obviously didn't know what he was doing and wasn't much good at doing proper quality wiring either. 

I've installed a Clifford Concept a few years ago to the same model car and I didn't need relays.  I wired the Clifford into the original OEM central locking control box.  Much neater and more reliable.

howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2010 at 3:44 AM / IP Logged  
What car is this any way? If correctly installed, the 650 will cut two circuits (one too many in my opinion) at ignition 1 and starter wire.
If there are two white molex plugs on the alarm CPU body it's a Mk ll and shouldn't need external relays, they're built in!
There are many ways to trigger locking systems on different vehicles and with the Mk1 you would have needed the relays on most installations.
ejenner 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2010 at 3:47 AM / IP Logged  

I'm not really that interested in it so couldn't tell you if it's a MK1 or MK2

The relays are connected to a three pin white plug separate from the main connector.  Blue and Green wires.

Car is a Saab 900 1988.  The central locking runs from a relay box under the dashboard and you only need to provide it with a signal and it will bump the door solenoids.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic