icon

problems with a pro 9801n

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
clsmith 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2010 at 10:42 PM / IP Logged  
Last October I got a Pursuit PRO9801n installed at a local shop in my 08 Honda Ridgeline. I know little to nothing about the Audiovox/Pursuit units but it was the only 2-way system that they sold.
It turns out that they installed it using timed crank. So last year when it got real cold the engine wouldn't crank long enough during a remote start. The remote would tell me that the vehicle was running but when I went outside it was not. What's worse is that the control unit would also believe that it was running - i.e. the blower and accessories were powered even though the engine was off.
I brought it back and they adjusted the crank time. Then as the weather got warmer it sounded as though the unit would over-crank during remote starts. Again I brought it back and again they adjusted it. Needless to say it's gotten cold again and now the under-cranking/non-starting problem has returned.
Do the Pursuits offer a voltage monitoring option instead of timed crank? I've asked them about this option and they've steered me away from it. I find it a little ridiculous that the 9801 doesn't have the ability to determine if a remote start was successful or not (at least that's what the installers tell me).
Any suggestions?
cls
godd dan it 
Copper - Posts: 446
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2010 at 10:57 PM / IP Logged  

Crank time is an option that can be adjusted.

Then there is an option for Voltage and Tach. Did they hook up the tach wire and program it for it? Tach is most reliable. I used to install these units in alot of these Honda cars. Never needed to adjust the crank time. But always hooked up the tach wire.

clsmith 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2010 at 11:00 PM / IP Logged  
I asked that as well. Their reply was "...I don't believe there is a tach on your truck."
Is voltage monitoring that unreliable on these units?
Thanks.
cls
clsmith 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2010 at 11:04 PM / IP Logged  
Nevermind just saw the wiring diagram: Tachometer blue ac PCM, connector A, pin 28. Providing that the 2005 wiring is the same as a 2008.
cls
godd dan it 
Copper - Posts: 446
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2010 at 3:46 AM / IP Logged  
clsmith wrote:
I asked that as well. Their reply was "...I don't believe there is a tach on your truck."
Is voltage monitoring that unreliable on these units?
Thanks.
Thats a bunch of bull. Your vehicle does have a tach wire. I went to the injector for the tach wire. I think you need to remove the engine cover to get to it, but I dont remember. Voltage is unreliable.
clsmith 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2010 at 7:37 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the help guys!
Took it back and requested that they use the tach. They agreed and (hopefully) I'm all set now!
cls

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic