icon

wiring for 03 mini cooper

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jen1110bill 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2010 at 8:18 AM / IP Logged  

im going to install a remote start/alarm unit into a 2003 mini cooper and cant seem to find any wiring for this vehicle, is it possable to install a remote starter on this vehicle and if so would someone be able to help. the only wiring i could find on this site is for a 2007 mini cooper, would the wiring be the same?

thanks in advance

bill

jen1110bill 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2010 at 8:35 AM / IP Logged  
also i know there is a way to bypass the passkey systems in gm vehicles, does anyone know how to bypass the ignition immobalizer on this mini cooper, will the old trick of taping the spare key near the ignition cylinder under steering column shrouding? again thanks in advance
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2010 at 3:48 PM / IP Logged  
The 2007 if it has a standard key and a separate radio with the window switches below will have the same wiring. I'm not sure when they did the facelift, check wiki or give me your email address iv PM and I'll send you the info.
The wiring is identical to BMW 3 Series, surprise, surprise.
Is there a Valet key available with this car? If so use that in a 556U by-pass.
jen1110bill 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2010 at 12:18 PM / IP Logged  
I'm installing a remote start on a 03 mini cooper and can't figure out how the car is supposed to be remotely started without pushing the clutch down, it only works with the clutch pushed down, I did find 4 wires going to clutch pedal can I cut into one of them? The alarm is a automate fm technology two way security system. Thanks for any help
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 19, 2010 at 2:00 PM / IP Logged  
Is your remote start unit designed for use on a manual transmission?
jen1110bill 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2010 at 8:38 PM / IP Logged  
Yes its set up for a manual transmission and the only thing I can find in the instruction manual is a memorization feature but still didn't work with out pressing the clutch pedal down, sorry for the odd questions but I'm used to installing DEI products in American and Japanese vehicles, I've never had much luck with German engineering, but its for my little brother and don't want to see him spend extra money for a shop to do it, I used to be professional installer but.that was years ago.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2010 at 1:49 AM / IP Logged  
You have to work out the clutch switch wiring, i.e. there's going to be something similar to the switch on the brake pedal. Is this neg in and new out when the pedal is depressed or does this switch carry the starter feed as do some Hondas.
jen1110bill 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2010 at 3:25 PM / IP Logged  

does anyone know where to find and what color the wire is for the parking brake on a 2003 mini cooper, im trying to wire in a remote start and need reference for parking brake, i had the boot off and could only find 2 wires going to the tire pressure button, im not sure if it one of those wires or not, any help is appericated.

i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 24, 2010 at 6:59 PM / IP Logged  
There should be a switch at the pivot point of the lever/pedal.  There should be only one wire connected to the switch. 
orrego89 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2010 at 8:22 AM / IP Logged  
the clutch has 4 wires which out of the 4 theres 1 ground 1 12 volt and the other 2 need 12volts.  i just finished doing one.  the only thing i am having problems with is,  it will remote start but then when i go turn it on with the key it doesnt read the chip.  what did u do?
orregin
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic