icon

non stop heat

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
seattlejoe1970 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2010 at 10:36 AM / IP Logged  

Hello Everyone, Ive got what i think is a strange electrical problem for you all. My girlfriend showed up at my house today , and when she turned her car off and removed the key the heater or at least the heater fan continued to blow full blast. I thought "what the hell"?

With the key out the controls had no effect at all. so i told her to start the car back up and turn the heater off while it was running then turn the car off. and even after she restarted the car the controls were unresponsive. so i figured id have to pull the fuse, while i was looking for my fuse puller she continued to try to get it to turn off. and just as i was getting ready to pull the fuse it stopped. so when we were talking about it she mentioned that it had done this two other times in the recent past.
but it stopped blowing after restarting the car. Ive never herd of that kind of problem before . If anyone has any ideas as to what would be causing it, and/or how to fix it we would really appreciate the help.  thanks for reading.
2000 Chevy Monte Carlo 

cjanke 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2010 at 8:09 PM / IP Logged  
Bad ignition switch I can almost say for certain. I have seen this many many times on the GM vehicles with the switch on the dash instead of the column. The contacts get worn out because of people having so much crap on their key chains and it weighs them down. Oh and god forbid you have a remote start in it because most dealers and mechanics will blame that immediatly.
seattlejoe1970 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2010 at 9:06 PM / IP Logged  
Ahhh, I wasnt even thinking ignition switch, but that makes perfect sense. now that i think about it. hers has been a little messed up for some time now. when ever you go to start the car you have to turn the key in just the right way or it wont turn passed the lock. hey thanks allot for your help its much appretiated.
zerepdivad 
Silver - Posts: 605
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2010 at 12:29 AM / IP Logged  
yup those gm ignition switches are rubbishy like that.
A DMM is a beautiful thing.
MECP Advanced Installer Certified.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic