icon

american bass midranges

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dred 
Copper - Posts: 158
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2010 at 8:33 AM / IP Logged  

Hey guys want to purchase some 6.5 inch midrange for my 1997 honda crv, the brand i am going with is American Bass are there products any good? Have anyone used this brand speaker before? I would like a review of what you think of the brand itself and the model midrange i am going to buy the link is below.

http://cgi./American-Brass-SQ-6-Car-Speakers-2-speakers-/120619764210?pt=Car_Speakers&hash=item1c157f89f2

dre
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2010 at 2:01 PM / IP Logged  

American Bass is a low-end swap-meet level brand.  Some people get good results with them, most do not. 

Please read the forum rules as Ebay links (and a few other outside commercial sales sites) are not allowed here.

Support the12volt.com
66sportfury 
Copper - Posts: 81
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2010 at 2:42 AM / IP Logged  

American bass IS NOT low end  American pro is everyone gets those two confused.

but i have no experience with those mids. but if its like there other stuff its good.

ac delco am radio and sparkomatic 40 watt sound exploder
phil6710 
Copper - Posts: 89
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2010 at 10:33 PM / IP Logged  
American Bass is good mid range products, I have had no failer rate with these products ,mainly the speakers. I have replaced "low end" stuff with there speakers and had good results. Even with customers who abuse their systems.
Solartech Window Tinting and Electronics,contract installer
dred 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2010 at 6:56 AM / IP Logged  
hey guys thanks for your thoughts. Dyohn you probably  getting mixed up with American Pro as 66sportfury said. I have read reviews on there products American Bass seem to be the best around for car audio.
dre
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2010 at 12:01 PM / IP Logged  
there = THEIR!
failer? Do you mean failure?
They are mid-range at BEST! Or, if you prefer, we might go as high as "high-end garbage".
dred, if you had alrady done the research, why come and ask? And then, once you DID ask, why not take the advice you were given?
If I had to choose between DYohn and 66sportfury or phil6710's opinions, I promise you I would MUCH sooner accept DYohn's input.
Cheezy, high-distortion, un-damped kraft-paper cones, VERY inexpensive and readily available foam surrounds, these drivers show ZERO innovation. Not even any MENTION of a real-world power capacity, (200 watts for a 1.5 inch voice coil? Shyah...) they seem to ONLY stress "max" power. Red-flag, dudes... R-E-D F-L-A-G.
If I had to type any kind of qualifier for them, it'd have to be this: "They're craptastic!" Be sure to get your cap there, too, 'cause if it's got "American Bass" slathered all over it, it's GOTTA be good, right? "The best around for car audio"? Not even CLOSE, mang...
dred 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2010 at 12:36 PM / IP Logged  
ok guys thanks for the info. Haemphyst what do you think about eminence mid range speakers are they any good? the 6 inch versions.
dre
haemphyst 
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2010 at 1:11 PM / IP Logged  
Rather than chasing brands that people like and do not like, give me an idea of your budget, and the power you have available, and I'll toss out a few suggestions... :)
We could chase out tails all week long, and we might never arrive at something that you and I both see as acceptable ends.
66sportfury 
Copper - Posts: 81
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2010 at 5:16 PM / IP Logged  

like i said i have no idea about the mids, most subs and amplifers are good.

the best no.

there,their,them,those who cares, everyone knows what i was trying to say and no my grammer is not perfect.

ac delco am radio and sparkomatic 40 watt sound exploder
haemphyst 
Posted: December 21, 2010 at 1:35 AM / IP Logged  
This guy?
Looks like you've stumbled upon the manufacturer for the American Bass drivers!
Eminence is good for one thing: LOUD. They make very high efficiency drivers for PA systems, they are hardly what I would even hazard decorating with the epitaph "SQ". I guess, from the prices you have been putting up, you wanna stay at less than about 150.00 for the pair?
Look at the plot. That is a window of 5dB!!! FIVE!!! That's NOT what I would call SQ, by ANY stretch of the imagination! True SQ drivers are generally a 1dB window or even smaller! The 6" drivers I have in my doors (Mpyre) plot at one half of one dB! That's an order of magnitude better, just in the frequency response arena. Don't get me started on watefalls, and THD plots...
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic