icon

pkall bypass for 07 f150

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
trojanman22 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2010 at 12:23 PM / IP Logged  
installing a PKALL on 07 f150 with a viper 5901. everything works great, i just cant get the PKALL programmed....problem is, the wiring on the PKALL is different than the tech sheet that came with it. I cut the D2D, connected red to 12v, black to ground. On the other harness, I connected the blue/white to my remote start wire on the alarm. Now i read somewhere that if my vehicle has a red blinking LED on the dash that i need to hook up the grey to the PATS system or something??? is this true??
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2010 at 12:35 PM / IP Logged  

Here is a link to the 2007 F150 PKALL install guide :  http://www.xpresskit.com/DocumentDownload.aspx?documentid=6172&productid=196&firmwareid=1636

In the W2W mode, besides +12v and ground there are 4 other wires to connect as detailed in the install guide.

F-150    04-08    TX  Pin3 WHITE/ LtGreen       RX Pin4 Gray/Orange

Additionally, you need two, working, non-clone keys to program the PKALL to the truck.

Soldering is fun!
trojanman22 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2010 at 12:49 PM / IP Logged  
I have the TX, RX, and remote start wire also hooked up from the 6 pin harness. Ive looked at that tech sheet several times and tried to program it, with 2 keys, several times. Still no luck. My D2D harness is not red, white, black, and blue. mines red, green, black, and blue...
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2010 at 2:13 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, the wire colors can vary as this note in the guide below D2D installation points out : *Wire colors may vary for the kit you purchased.
Just go by the pin position on the plug for the +12v and ground wires.
Soldering is fun!
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 16, 2010 at 3:11 PM / IP Logged  
whenever i have cut the D2D harness blue was always 12V, not red
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
trojanman22 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2010 at 3:14 PM / IP Logged  
yeah thats what i was beginning to wonder if my blue and red wire were opposite...ill switch it thanks. do i need to hook the grey wire to anything???
this is what i read...
Gray:
Do not use this wire unless the vehicle has an existing original equipment GM VATS, Passlock or Passkey system; or Ford PATS system. These systems can be identified by the key having a chip in it, and or red security light in the dash. In this case connet the gray wire to the optional VAST bypass kit or PATS bypass kit. Theses kits are not included.
i do have a red security light on my dash..
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 16, 2010 at 3:31 PM / IP Logged  

i don't remember reading that on any PKALL guide i ever read... did you go to Xpresskit site and type in your exact vehicle? it will list the modules and their manuals... then when you print the PKALL manual it will be for the exact vehicle you are working on....

should be just blue and black on the D2D harness for 12v and ground... then ign, status, RX and TX from the module.... very simple

you gotta be damned quick getting that second plug plugged in before the LED comes on or it will not program... andf you'll have to try it again.... i always have the second plug seated in it;s connector but not plugged in... then as soon as i plug in the power connector i can shove it in fast... then when the LED comes on Release the programming button....

Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
trojanman22 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2010 at 3:34 PM / IP Logged  
No I read it on another forum on here. I'll try switching my blue and my red and see if it works

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic