icon

2nd igntion, etc

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
domeniclopresti 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2010 at 3:11 AM / IP Logged  
Hooking up a Viper 5301 on a 2010 Toyota Corolla (without the g or intelligent keys), this car has 2 ignition wires and 2 starter wires
I am using the flex relay to power the 2nd starter so problem solved there, but I would like to hook up the 2nd ignition with a relay and this is how I plan to wire the relay:
85-    Ignition output -200ma from remote start
86/87- 12v constant (do these wires need to be fused?)
30-    2nd Ignition wire
Also, I wanted to hook up factory horn so that I can hear the toyota beep confirmation, by hooking the factory horn - wire to the factory horn input - on the system.
I am using keysense to disarm since I don't see there being a factory disarm wire in the vehicle
And I will be attempting power trunk, which I was a little confused about since the diagrams show a - trunk trigger wire and a +/- trunk release wire, if anyone can shed any light on that for me, that would be great. Thanks!
Is this the correct setup, and if not what am I doing wrong, thank you for all of your help in advance.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2010 at 5:23 AM / IP Logged  
Your relay wiring is correct, constant 12v+ at 30amps fused for both (not each).
Yes wire directly to the factory horn wire in steering column loom.
Correct about the key sense, if there is a second GWR or status output on the 5301, use that. If not "Y" split the existing (if you're using it for the by-pass) via a pair of 1N4004 diodes in line, band towards the 5301.
Trunk trigger simply tells the 5301 the trunk is open for alarm purposes. Goes to blue wire on DEI product.
Trunk release is what opens the trunk (releases it). Not sure about the second. Goes to re/white on DEI product.
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2010 at 2:37 PM / IP Logged  

Not sure what you aer referring to on the trunk release. I don't see a (-) or a (+)  trunk release wire for the 5301.  Are you looking at the door triggers??  H16 and H1/8 ?

As stated by Howie, the trunk release is RED / white  H1/1 wire. Most likely will need a relay.

When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
domeniclopresti 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2010 at 1:30 AM / IP Logged  
Howie, thank you, trunk pin... I knew that, no more posting at 3am, haha thank you for clearing that up for me.
Relays have always been my downfall as an installer, but I am happy to say that now I am definitely getting the hang of them, thank you for clearing that up for me.
And thank you also smokeman, I was able to get the power trunk working, I had a diagram for another rs that I was using that had trunk pin, and it simply popped into my head during this remote start.
Thank you both for your responses, I sometimes have trouble getting people to respond to my posts. Most of this stuff I have searched and have a basic understanding of, but it never hurts to ask, better that than cause damage, thank you both for your time.
Dom

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic