viper 5701 on 05 magnum

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dbell34 
Member - Posts: 47
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2010 at 3:02 PM / IP Logged  
Can someone please help me?
I'm installing a viper 5701 on my mag and I thought it would be simple. I had a alarm/remote start previously I installed and figured it would be a simple swap, but the 5701 has some extra wire to the remote start and I can't figure out where they go. Could someone please tell me exactly what on the remote start need to be connected to what wires on the ignition harness, and if there are any relays needed?
The alarm part is hooked up and working, just need to get the car to remote start.
Thanks
ceasar326 
Copper - Posts: 239
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2010 at 3:26 PM / IP Logged  
What kind of bypass are you going to be using?
dbell34 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2010 at 3:49 PM / IP Logged  
I'm using the omega chdl7.
dbell34 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2010 at 10:37 AM / IP Logged  
I'm using the omega PCHDL7-PK2. Is this compatible with the viper system?
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2010 at 11:45 AM / IP Logged  
Yes, the bypass is compatible with the alarm/remote starter in question.
More generally, it's impossible for a bypass to be incompatible when making analog wire (as opposed to D2D cable) connections between it and a remote starter.
/end teaching :-)
As far as the specific wires - going to the "Vehicle Wiring" section of this site gets us to a wonderful page with wiring info.
Your connections should be the following:
Between the H3 harness on the Viper and the car:
Pink - pink/white Ignition 1 wire at ignition switch
RED / white - unused
Orange - unused
Violet - car side of the Yellow Starter 1 wire
Green - key side of the Starter 1 wire
Red - either the blue/red 12V constant at the ignition switch, or
wherever else you've gotten a 12V source from, whichever is more convenient.
Pink/White - unused
Pink/Black - unused
RED / Black - constant 12V, same as Red.
From the CHDL7PK2:
I'm assuming you've already connected the lock, unlock, door sense, trunk, 12v constant, and ground.
Red ignition wire in the 2-pin plug can be connected to the pink/white at the ignition harness.
Brown GWR input goes to the blue (-) status output from the Viper.
Pink starter input should go to the starter side of the yellow wire. You can also probably avoid using the 1000Ω resistor that the CHDL7PK2's instructions might show; it's meant to solve a specific problem on other Chrysler products which doesn't exist on this vehicle.
Pink/white MUX output goes to the violet/brown wire from the ignition switch.
Violet data output - they give you a picture of this one. If you can't find the wire with that you shouldn't be installing. :-)
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
dbell34 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2010 at 1:06 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks, i will give this a try today. I already have the wire from the bypass connected, the only one that was in question was the pink/white wire. I'll cross my fingers and hope all goes well.
dbell34 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2010 at 9:59 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, I have everything hooked up and operating thanks to chriswallace187, but I have one last issue. I've noticed that if start my car with the remote starter that my gauges don't work. Everything lights up like its suppose to but the fuel, speedometer, temp, don't move. Once its been started with the remote starter even if I use my key to start it they still don't work unless I disconnect/reconnect the battery. Does anyone know what may be causing this issue? I thought it was my previous alarm but apparently not. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
dbell34 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2010 at 5:10 AM / IP Logged  
Does anyone know what might be causing my gauges not to work when car is remote started?
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2010 at 12:20 PM / IP Logged  
Try disconnecting the data wire and then remote starting. What happens then?
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
zerepdivad 
Silver - Posts: 605
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2010 at 4:57 PM / IP Logged  
dbell34 wrote:
Ok, I have everything hooked up and operating thanks to chriswallace187, but I have one last issue. I've noticed that if start my car with the remote starter that my gauges don't work. Everything lights up like its suppose to but the fuel, speedometer, temp, don't move. Once its been started with the remote starter even if I use my key to start it they still don't work unless I disconnect/reconnect the battery. Does anyone know what may be causing this issue? I thought it was my previous alarm but apparently not. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
reflash the module and reprogram it. i had a similar issue on a 300 with an dlpkchg2 and i ended up just doing eh bypass the old fashioned way. with relays and resistors, along with the dlpkchg2 for locks and such. kind of cracked out but it worked.
A DMM is a beautiful thing.
MECP Advanced Installer Certified.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic