icon

viper 5701 on 05 magnum

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dbell34 
Member - Posts: 47
Member spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2010 at 5:20 PM / IP Logged  
I'm going to try the data wire first and see what that does, but if it doesn't do anything how do u reflash and reprogram it. I thought it could only be programed once to one vehicle.
dbell34 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2010 at 7:20 PM / IP Logged  
I tried disconnecting the data wire, and the car doesn't start at all when its not hooked up. When I reconnect it I still have the same problem of the gauges not working. I also tried resetting the bypass module and the did nothing for me. Does anyone else have any ideas of what may be causing my gauges not to work when the car is remote started?
Thanks for all the help!
zerepdivad 
Silver - Posts: 605
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2010 at 7:27 PM / IP Logged  
well accessory goes through the mux wire, and it sounds like accessory is missing upon remote start. so dothis but more or less just for the accessory wire. http://documents.audiovox.com/700821.pdf
A DMM is a beautiful thing.
MECP Advanced Installer Certified.
dbell34 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2010 at 12:31 PM / IP Logged  
zerepdivad wrote:
well accessory goes through the mux wire, and it sounds like accessory is missing upon remote start. so dothis but more or less just for the accessory wire. http://documents.audiovox.com/700821.pdf
I thought that module was suppose to take care of that so that relays were not needed. Also, the gauges worked at one time so I think there might just be a bad connection somewhere and I just don't know what it might be. Are you saying that I should connect the accessory wire from the remote start in some fashion? It's not connected right now, I read somewhere that it was not needed because accessory runs with ignition.
dbell34 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2010 at 10:36 AM / IP Logged  
Are there any other suggestions as to why my gauges aren't working? Thanks!
dbell34 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2011 at 8:12 PM / IP Logged  
It seems that my bypass module was causing the problems. I don't know what was wrong with it, but I replaced it and now everything works fine. Thanks for all the help!
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic