icon

intellistart 4 not working

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
is200_turbo 
Copper - Posts: 86
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2010 at 5:21 AM / IP Logged  
Ok following on from another thread i have here regarding battery problems it seems that since the battery went completely flat some of my toys in the car are playing up
Car pc
Remotestart
few other gizmos
The one that has me stumped is the remote start, last time i used it was in the summer its now winter and thought i know ill de ice the car in the morning so did the usual
car running G5 button twice double star button once remove key engine runs get out car shut door engine runs lock car alarm activates engine dies all seems fine there
so go to restart car star button once indicators flash twice but no broom broom...
so i reset everything get into the car and try again indicators flash airbag light comes on but no engine start.
any suggestions could it have lost its memory due to the battery going very flat...
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2010 at 6:57 AM / IP Logged  
You really are having fun here aren't you. First the PC is the probable cause of all your woes with the battery. Do you by any chance have an inverter in the mix? They pull about 10amps off use when turned on.
You will have to retest powers and ground to the intellistart and probably re-learn tach. Plus safety connections, parking brake etc. Have you added LED rear lights? They draw a small voltage but it's enough to tell the intellistart that your foot is on the brake! Hence no start.
Bonnet switch working properly?
Etc. etc. etc.
Back to where you had it installed please.
is200_turbo 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2010 at 7:03 AM / IP Logged  
car pc is using a Carnetix PSU2410 if memory serves and draws nothing to worry about when car isn't running as it requires a pulse to turn on and off (have already checked the consumption in that based on my last post in other thread.
bonnet switch is buggered needs replacing so doesnt matter if bonnet is open or shut it has no baring on it.
No LED lights at all
i was thinking Tach Learning but due to the fact i get no lights on dash but the 2 indicators flashed is where it got me.
is200_turbo 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2010 at 12:53 PM / IP Logged  
OK well have relearned the tac got the 2 indicator flashes to accept etc
so went through the motions and got the full Christmas tree effect on the dashboard but no cranky cranky, but when i did it a second time i didn't get the full effect on the dashboard.
have been unable to check the wiring due to the delightful white fluffy stuff being everywhere.
is200_turbo 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2010 at 4:28 AM / IP Logged  
Ok so finally got round to this Christmas is just far to busy
Anyway found the intelistart not well hidden nor is the brain cabletied to steering column anyway that aside checked all fuses everything seemed fine checked all connections they seemed fine until closer inspection showed a pin coming out the myltipin on the intelistart (not very well made) anyway pushed this home and it works but it used to crank a bit longer so think when I re programmed the rpm I must have changed it, it takes longer than 3 seconds to crank so how do I correct this ?
is200_turbo 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2010 at 6:46 AM / IP Logged  
ok its working now looks like the rpm was being learnt at the wrong setting i went through and did it again and now its all hunky dory
thanks Howie
d6-karl 
Copper - Posts: 51
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2010 at 3:57 PM / IP Logged  
if u want to adjust the crank time ull need to connect it to cliffnet, i had to up mine by .3 secs when the cold hit to get it to start first time :)
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2010 at 5:07 PM / IP Logged  
No you don't if it's a G5 you will possibly glitch everything else, i.e. loose your tach memory, suddenly find you've passive arm and lock.
Wiz worked fine for G4, I wouldn't touch it on G5, I had this argument with a Directed sales rep about 2 years ago, he tried to stop them supplying me or contracting to other dealers, he got fired.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic