icon

imaging

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rick_21_69 
Copper - Posts: 53
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2003 at 5:54 PM / IP Logged  
hi. I have 6 1/2" components up front mounted in a factory location in a honda accord exr. they face flush to the door...I was wondering if I was to make a sealed mdf enclosure for them , and angle them more towards the back if I could get better sound, more bass, and more power from the amp???? the amp is a kx300.4 speakers rated 50rms...thnx
wrencher_25 
Copper - Posts: 101
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2003 at 6:03 PM / IP Logged  
maybe for the 6.5" but the tweeters are very directional speakers and have NO use for being in an enclosure. Tweeters are supposed to be in a free air enviroment due to their sole purpose of providing high freq. and not low freq. Heck, the only thing making a box for the 6.5" is make the bass response really tight in them.
Andrew Weitzel
MECP First Class Installer
rick_21_69 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2003 at 6:15 PM / IP Logged  
tweets are mounted on dash with good imaging, just want to know if my plans would improve the 6 1/2"
wrencher_25 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2003 at 6:26 PM / IP Logged  

What kind of components do you have? Like I said, i think that all the box will do is improve your bass response. Although, some speakers are meant to be in a free air type of enviroment. It all depends. My factory stereo on my Beretta had factory plastic boxes. I put my Blaupunkt 6x9's in them and it made a HUGE difference on their bass response as compared to the response in my previous car. (free air) If you can afford like what, $25 max for parts for the boxes, give it a try, you might be impressed with what you have.  

Andrew Weitzel
rick_21_69 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2003 at 6:42 PM / IP Logged  
I have kicker components......kenwwod 6 by 9's in the back, closed them off with an oval box, just enough to surround it, tightened it up quite nice and put more poer to them....there 3 ways
wrencher_25 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2003 at 7:00 PM / IP Logged  

those are a nice set of components, are they the new ones? I know we sell them here at Visions and they ROCK. I like em a lot...they are even fairly close to the MB Quart Comp. sets.

My Blaupunkt are 3 ways and the same thing happened when the factory plastic box enclosed them. They sound great now. Try it with the 6.5...i'm curious to know what's up with that and how well it works.

Andrew Weitzel
rick_21_69 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2003 at 7:06 PM / IP Logged  
will do, just have to get a plan layed out, want to use thin masonite, so I can get as much curve towards the driver as I can, I figure that will give me much better sound apposed to having them face into the console
there EX 620 kickers, have to save up if I want resolutions
rick_21_69 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2003 at 7:14 PM / IP Logged  
I have aboout 2 " of parralel movement between the doors inner panel, and th outside. I figure if I remove the basket, and use 1/4'' masonite. cut a hole and make two rings out of mdf, and cap it.....put a tappered pice of mdf to give me about 25 degrees tilt, that would liven them up and snappen up the bass. might be able to throw them more power two. have the crossovers set at about 160
wrencher_25 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2003 at 1:31 AM / IP Logged  
Sounds like you got it all figured dude. 1/4 is perfect for such a small application. Good luck and keep me posted on how it works for ya!
Andrew Weitzel

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic