icon

hornet 732t can i just upgrade the brain

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bjl95mustang 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2010 at 9:43 AM / IP Logged  

So I have a 2004 f150. It came with a Hornet 732T. Can I upgrade to a newer DEI brand brain and controllers and keep the current wiring? Or will I have to rewire the new brain? I'm looking at the viper Responder 350.

Or how hard would it be to install a VIPER 5701 with remote start? Would that be a complete rewire job? 

itsyuk 
Silver - Posts: 505
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2010 at 11:23 PM / IP Logged  

im just gonna scratch the surface here so this answer is definatly not a complete answer for you.

it wouldnt be a complete rewire but the new system has alot more options that would need to be wired.

i am not real familiar with your old unit but the new one has the shock sensor built into it so the place where your old unit is mounted might not be the best place to mount the new one as far as the shock sensor goes.

if the unit mounting location had to be different than your old one you are faced with almost a total rewire. what i mean by that is, some wires might be able to be disconnected from the old unit and refished to the new location while not having to be totally dis and reconnected from say, a door pin switched.

yuk

yuk
quiet rural missouri, near KC.
If your system moves you physically and not emotionally, you have wasted your money.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic