icon

flcan, viper 5301, 05 altima, priority unlock

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
swojo1210 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2010 at 10:04 AM / IP Logged  
I recently had Viper 5301 w/FLCAN immobilizer in an 05 Nissan Altima and the installer said that the priority door unlock feature cannot be done. Is this true?  If not, how can it be done thru the RS & FLCAN?
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2010 at 10:40 AM / IP Logged  
This is true, the FLCAN won't do 2 stage unlock but this doesn't mean it can't be done. It will require work that any installer would certainly charge extra for. First, the the FLCAN and the RS need to be hard wired(no data) and the lock wires not connected. Second, the RS needs to be wired directly to the car, using a relay to 5 wire the drivers lock motor for the first unlock. If the car has antipinch windows on both sides, he will have to disassemble the drivers door and run wires in for the locks to work. At least a couple hours and possibly a couple hundred...
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
swojo1210 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2010 at 11:16 AM / IP Logged  

MikeM2,

I'm confused, on Flash Logic's web site it shows that the flcan w/firmware FLC-AL(DL)-NI (05 Altima sedan) supports priority unlock.

Does this mean, it support it but not thru the data cable?

Mike M2 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2010 at 4:17 PM / IP Logged  
Me too, i have done 2 recently and 2 stage didn't work on either. I notice the website says it does too. I have one in my van,  i will flash it for Nissan. During the process there is a page that allows you to change settings and i want to see if there is one for this. Usually when you flash all settings are on unless you change them, but we'll see...
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
godd dan it 
Copper - Posts: 446
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2010 at 5:02 PM / IP Logged  
The FLCAN does driver priority unlock on the '08+ Honda Accord and it works. Im not sure if it only works through D2D or not. I know ive done W2W on the Accord, but cant remember if it still did driver priority unlock. Now the '08+ Accord comes from factory with driver priority unlock using the factory remotes. Is it possible that the FLCAN only supports driver priority unlock if the car comes with it from factory? Did your Altima come with driver priority unlock?
swojo1210 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2010 at 8:30 AM / IP Logged  

Yes, it cmae with priority unlock using the factory remote.

Mike M2 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2010 at 8:49 AM / IP Logged  

Whether the FLCAN does 2 stage is up to the software. It does on most cars but the Nissan NI software hasn't done it for me. I'll try to flash one today if i get time and see what it says...

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2010 at 9:25 AM / IP Logged  
I did a 2011 Nissan Rouge with Intelli-Key using the ADS-AL CA module flashed with ADS AL(DL) NI Ver 5.5 and the remote start FOB's unlock button did progressive unlock on the doors thru the bypass module.
Soldering is fun!
Mike M2 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2010 at 6:22 PM / IP Logged  

Yea, i've done 3 new Altima PTS recently and they had progressive locks.

I just flashed an FLCAN with NI and it has an option for progressive locks but it is turned on unless you change it. I know for sure the last two Altima's of that body style i did would not tho. Pretty odd, i'll ask Stephanie at Idata about it and see what she says...

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
swojo1210 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2011 at 12:31 PM / IP Logged  

Mike M2:

It seems that there is new firmware for my 05' Altima sedan (FLC-AL(DL)-NI1). Do you think that this will solve thr driver priority unlock problem?

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic