icon

how many subs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
waynesworld42 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2010 at 7:34 PM / IP Logged  
  i have a lanzar vector vct2610 amp 2 ch 2ohm stable 6000watt. How many subs can i hook up safely and what omhs to get the most sound?
wayne,e;42
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 26, 2010 at 8:11 PM / IP Logged  
The number of subs is unlimited.  As long as the ohm load does not go below 2ohms per channel, or 4ohms bridged.
waynesworld42 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2010 at 9:15 PM / IP Logged  
  thats awsome then im assuming then i can run 4 12s off a bridged 2ch amp. But now would you recommend that i run two 12s or two 15s or four 12s. to maxiumize my sound and keep the quality bass
wayne,e;42
66sportfury 
Copper - Posts: 81
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2010 at 2:44 AM / IP Logged  

look in the left hand of this page the blue area under "general information" theres calculators and charts check those out that will tell you everything.

also check your owners manual for the rms wattage of that amp, im sure its no where close to 6000 watts.

ac delco am radio and sparkomatic 40 watt sound exploder
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2010 at 12:14 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, that amp is more like 1000 watts at 10% distortion.  But regardless, as was stated above you can attach any number of drivers to it as long as the net impedance does not fall below 2-ohms.  I recommend you decide on your budget, then look for two high-quality 4-ohm SVC subs you can afford; instead of thinking in terms of "how many," think in terms of "how good."
Support the12volt.com
waynesworld42 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2011 at 11:37 AM / IP Logged  
    thank you for your replies i recently switched to a 900 watt rms soundstream  class d amp and 1 matching sub i intend to   buy one moore soundstream sub and see how that sounds but now what to do with the lanzar  amp? i dont think its reallistick to find 6by9s that are gonna take that
wayne,e;42
waynesworld42 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2011 at 5:34 PM / IP Logged  
        got a new question? running 2 900 rms soundstream subs with matching amp my question is ported or sealed box? putting them in the trunk of a 2002 malibu.
wayne,e;42
z03mz03m 
Copper - Posts: 244
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2011 at 1:18 PM / IP Logged  
What are the model numbers of your sub(s) and amp(s)?
Dodge Magnum in progress:
Pioneer DEH-80PRS - PPI Amps - Dayton Subwoofer(s) - Exodus Anarchy's - Vifa Tweeters - Kinetik Battery
waynesworld42 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2011 at 9:28 PM / IP Logged  

T5 12s  900 watts rms soundstream tranchula serius with a matching soundstream 900 watt rms d tower amp  wired down to .5 ohms

wayne,e;42
z03mz03m 
Copper - Posts: 244
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2011 at 10:47 PM / IP Logged  
WinISD says ported (EBP = 64.6)
Here are the Ported Enclosure recommendations.
And do you know that AMP is not rated at .5ohms?
Dodge Magnum in progress:
Pioneer DEH-80PRS - PPI Amps - Dayton Subwoofer(s) - Exodus Anarchy's - Vifa Tweeters - Kinetik Battery
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic