the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

python 872 in '07 civic si manual trans.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
subconceptz 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2010 at 6:50 PM / IP Logged  

OK, Here's the problem. I installed a Python 872 in a '2007 Honda Civic Si-4 door with MANUAL Trans. Bypassed the clutch with the status wire going to a relay and all. Used a XK09 and EVERYTHING has been programmend and works EXCEPT it WILL NOT let me go into the MTS Mode for the remote start shutdown sequence.

Yes I programmed the unit correctly with my BitWriter. I am getting the normal 7 Parking light flash from the unit indicating it is not in MTS Mode.

Called DEI Tech and they said it was a problem with the tach signal being too low. I tapped BROWN wire at coil and it will not learn tach. Metered it and it is only half a volt give or take. So the DEI unit will not recognize this low of a signal. I can't tap an injector because I really don't want to have to pull off the upper intake manifold, LOL!

Does anyone have any suggestions to make this see a tach signal so it will go into MTS mode? Any help would be greatly appreiciated. Thanks in advance! 

smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2010 at 7:16 PM / IP Logged  

With the tach voltage being that low, have you tried to change the tach threshold jumper?  I don't know if your 872 has one or not like some of the Viper 5701 do.  This info is on page 54 of the Viper 5701 insatll manual.

I had been trying to get my Ford Taurus to learn tach signal and could not get it until I changed the tach pin.

When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
subconceptz 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2010 at 7:52 PM / IP Logged  
I am not sure if my unit has that jumper or not. I am not at the shop till morning but I will check it out as soon as I get in tomorrow. Thanks for the advice!
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2010 at 8:29 PM / IP Logged  
It should be the jumper pin next to the BitWriter port, if you have one.  This seems to be so on units that have a H2, 8 ppin harness.   I have a 5701 with a H2, 18 pin harness that does not have a tach jumper.
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
subconceptz 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2010 at 9:44 PM / IP Logged  
Mine also has the 18 pin plug but I can't remember if it has another jumper. I will check and also check again with the BitWriter. Thanks.
zerepdivad 
Silver - Posts: 605
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2010 at 10:24 PM / IP Logged  
if all else fails get a 454t tach generator. and why can you not use an injector wire? the wire isn't JUST at the injectors themselves. can you not see the harness running into the plenum?
A DMM is a beautiful thing.
MECP Advanced Installer Certified.
subconceptz 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2010 at 7:16 AM / IP Logged  

I never thought about a 454T. No you can't even see the injector harness at all. I was also told by DEI that if I used the injector wire I would have to use it from the IGNITOR to the INJECTOR because the voltage from the ECU to the IGNITOR is very low voltage as well.

Will check out Civic and update in a few hours. Thanks for all the help so far.

tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2010 at 10:13 AM / IP Logged  

on the civic si, unbolt the black cover (2 10mm bolts)

and tap into one of the coils. I never had a problem when i did my best friends 09 civic si. Programmed first shot.

Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
subconceptz 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2010 at 11:24 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks tedmond, I tapped the injector on number 1 cylinder and presto! It programmened tach signal.

Now problem still occures, Won't go into MTS mode. I still get the 7 parking light flash! Which means it is registaring MANUAL Mode but won't engage it.

Any other suggestions??????????????????????

Car is in bay now and DEI is closed today! Man I need a vacation already!

subconceptz 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2010 at 12:08 PM / IP Logged  

UPDATE!

Everything works now! Iguess you have to release the clutch first, now its fine.

One more problem though, car wants to start by R/S but now the XK09 isn't sending the signal to the transponder. Just tried to re-flash it and it was sucessful and programmened just fine.

This is really getting dumb now! Any thoughts????????????????????????

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic