icon

07 sorento tach and rs 4g2

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
resquchas 
Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2011 at 8:03 PM / IP Logged  
installed a crimestopper rs-4g2 and i used tach finder after i used DMM and found a variable "ac" source( GREEN/ black in passenger kickpanel) RS gave confirmation of good tach signal but when i went to tach learn i could not get into program mode. valet switch worked when i went to tach finder, can not figure why i can not program. sounds more like program mode issue because can not get in it. everything works but it is in AUTO tach right now which i hate. any suggestions. the tach wire i used was in pass kick panel lower white plug. I think. i put it back together for the night.
The RIGHT way is the ONLY way.
brandonz 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2011 at 10:48 PM / IP Logged  
Maybe try catching your tach wire at the ECM. Should be a white wire and pin# 61. Otherwise, is the current wire in the middle plug, GREEN/ black?
resquchas 
Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2011 at 5:16 AM / IP Logged  
i tried every GREEN/ black in every plug in passenger kick panel with DMM. there is a MIDDLE plug that has 2 i think. neither tested as tach nor did the module SEE them as tach in tach finder as i tried moving the signal wire to different pins. yeah i gues the ecm in the engine compartment on pass side huh? i did not feel like taking all the intake stuff off. oh well guess i am gonna now.
The RIGHT way is the ONLY way.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic