the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2005 murano

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jaurora 
Silver - Posts: 429
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2011 at 1:08 PM / IP Logged  

Hello All,

It has been a very long time since I been in this game. As you can see been a long time member, so long that it took me about 20 tries to login because of forgotton passwords and changed emails. So much has changed over the years and I am turning to the pros for a little help.

Tomorrow I will be installing a Viper 5301 along with the xpresskit XK09 into my fiancee 2005 Nissian Murano. First thing I noticed is the XK09 does everything under the sun except door locks, the wiring that I was able to get ahold of says I need to tag the door lock wires in the drivers door, is this going to go staright to the motor or are the factory relays actually located in the door? first question is that really neccessary or is there another location I can tag them, second, is what is this Flex relay that Viper mentions on the install sheet for the main heavy guage remote start harness?  I canot belive I have been out of the game so much that I cant even follow this. Also if someone can post the wiring diagram to hook up the cold start wire. This murano has the smart key system if this makes any difference.

Sad to say I have truly lost all my knowledg that I did have but actually looking forward to popping this baby in. Thank you for all of your help.

MECP certified (If it really means anything)
Jeremy
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2011 at 4:10 PM / IP Logged  

Which firmware is flashed on the XK09?

Does the car have the factory alarm?

If necessary, the door locks can be had at the BCM.

There is a lot of info out there on the Nissans.  Try the Search function.  Also for reference purposes, go to Fortin and review their install guides.  Nice pictures and good diagrams of the connectors.  https://ifar.ca/en/vehicles/nissan/murano/2005-intelligent_key/

The Viper Flex relay can be programmed to IGN2, ACC2 or Starter2.  Your car has one Ignition, two Starters and two Accessories.  Use the Flex relay for Starter2.  You must power the H3/2 input wire and use the H3/7 output wire.  The H3/8 will not be used.  You can create the extra ACC output with an extra relay ( with inline 20A fuse ) from the Violet (-) 200mA Starter Output.

Soldering is fun!
jaurora 
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2011 at 12:22 PM / IP Logged  

Hello Kreg,

Thanks for the help, Kinda makes sense now. One thing that scares me is I did not look to well into the express kit, I just saw that it ran D2D and was able to learn with 1 key. I assume the flash that is on there is GMBK? As that is whats on the label. I assume that this will not work? Also I do not think there is anyone in my area that can flash these things. Do you have any thoughts?

Thanks

Jeremy
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 04, 2011 at 12:57 PM / IP Logged  
The door lock relays are actually in the BCM in the passenger compartment.  However, there is a (-) input from the drivers door key cylinder that is in the drivers door - that is the wire they tell you to tap in to.  If you want to retain remote window control down (and add remote window control up) take the wires in to the doors.  If this feature is not important to you then you can typically find empty pins at the BCM to shove wires in to (I've never been a fan of hooking door locks up that way but I know it has worked very well for many installers).
Kevin Pierson
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2011 at 1:21 PM / IP Logged  

The XK09 can have many flavors of firmware on it ( 18 currently ) and there are 2 types for your Nissan ( 9.NISS2 and 9.PKN3 ).  The only way to tell for sure is to connect it up to a PC thru the XKLoader2 cable.  It is usually recommended to check for firmware updates just prior to install.   You might be able to get a local BestBuy to check / flash it for you.   ( If you were local, I could do it for you, too.  )

Personally I use iDatalink bypasses on Nissans and connect via the W2W method, but being as you have the Viper  and a DEI bypass, might as well give D2D a shot.

Soldering is fun!
jaurora 
Posted: January 05, 2011 at 3:11 PM / IP Logged  

So here is the update,

Everything went smooth until I plugged in the XK09. I get a continuious red flash and that is about it, I am assuming that the incorrect firmware is loaded in the unit, went to Best Buy and they pretty much told me to go F*** myself, which is understandable from a best buy installer.

I guess the constant flash means that the wrong firmware is not loaded. Fond a place that will load it for you if you buy it from them, go figure its $80. Thanks for all of the help.

Jeremy
kreg357 
Posted: January 05, 2011 at 5:04 PM / IP Logged  
Live anywhere near Peekskill, NY?  I can flash it for you.
Soldering is fun!
jaurora 
Posted: January 17, 2011 at 1:54 PM / IP Logged  

Wish I did t could have saved me some coin. Anywho here is an update and I am still confused. Got the new XK09 Flashed for the 05 Murano with intelli key. I plug the module in and the led is on constant as it should be, I turn the key and the LED still stays on, it does not want to learn the key. The wires that I hooked up were the 2 Hi and Low can wires and pluged in the data cable.

I looked at the wiring sheet from directed and I noticed it said keysense is required, I did not do anything with these wires, what is needed of this? Second thing that I just thought of while typing is that on the Viper unit, it has 2 jumpers and makes a note to refer to the Xpresskit install procedures for jumper orentation, (either vertical or Horizontal), there is nothing else mentioned about these jumpers, could this possably be the issue? Does anyone have any ideas?

As this module flashed with this software, it says it should control doors, trunck and factory alarm ect.. It only needs 1 key to program and nothing seems to be working. I have a feelng it may be something simple but maybe not. I do know that if te intellie key is left close to the ign and I try to remote start it seems to work fine. After trying to program the module without success that does not to seem to work anymore.

I know it has been a while but it seems I bit off more than I can chew, not to mention, when I pulled apart the lower dash, someone has already beaten me to it, someone seemed to have used scotchlocks that were too small, left them on the main wires and cut the tag ends and removed whatever was preiviously installed, I had to solder some new wires in their place as they cut half of the strands using the small scotch locks, seems some things never change. Why people dont solder is beyond me.

Jeremy
kreg357 
Posted: January 17, 2011 at 8:06 PM / IP Logged  

The Vipers jumpers should be Horizontal for external D2D module.

Which firmware was flashed on to the XK09?  There are two versions available for your car, Niss2 V1.05 or PKN3 V4.06.  The CAN Hi and CAN Lo wires should be very easy to find and you definitely should solder those connections.

Soldering is fun!
jaurora 
Posted: January 29, 2011 at 3:15 PM / IP Logged  

Well, just as a follow up, recived the new XK09 with the correct firmware loaded, plugged it in and changed the jumpers on the Viper unit to the horizontal position and wala, works like a dream.

Thanks guys for all of the help, been a long time out of the game and technology blew by me, couldent have done it without ya. I do have a spare XK09 if anyone needs one :)

Jeremy

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic