icon

2010 chrysler town and country

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
delco_installer 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2011 at 10:47 AM / IP Logged  
I am doing an install this weekend on a 2010 Town and Country I am installing an Autopage RS730 and using the iDatalink ADS-ALCA as my bypass. First does anyone have the wire diagram for this? And second this vehicle has power sliding doors that are currently controled only within the vehicle the owner would like the new Autopage rs730 to control the doors I havent done one of these yet any information will help...Thanks
Mike
tonanzith 
Gold - Posts: 593
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 04, 2011 at 6:23 PM / IP Logged  
It would be easier to email you the tech sheet for the vehicle because it wont let me paste all the pictures in the forum. It makes me upload them all individually and there are a lot of pictures. The Directed tech sheet also lists the wires for the sliding doors which you can wire to auxiliary channels of the Autopage.
Gary Sather
delco_installer 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2011 at 6:26 PM / IP Logged  

if you could email me that would be great my email is mtucker082@gmail.com.

Thanks

Mike
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,787
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2011 at 5:17 AM / IP Logged  

Here is a prior post on the same van with the ADS AL CA with CH4 firmware :  https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=124120&KW=awdeclipse

You will have the newer ADS-AL CA bypass module and not need the Parking Light relay.  The iDatalink module works great and makes this an easy install.

Soldering is fun!
delco_installer 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2011 at 6:56 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the info that is an awsome write up and is going to make this install a breeze on saturday.
Mike
delco_installer 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2011 at 12:14 PM / IP Logged  
This was by far the easiest remote start i have ever done, if anyone ever has the chance to do one of these I will tell you exactly what to use, from start to finish i completed this install in 35 minutes. I used the Autopage RS730 the Idatalink ADS-ALCA and the idataLink CONNEC ADS-HRN CHTIP the only connections that are made in the car are the one 12+, 3 grounds and the parking light from the alca, you must program this vehicle using the tach feature, I found by using the voltage the car would only stay started for 30 seconds or less and then shut off and try to restart again. Also set the crank time to the maximum, with the autopage remotes I was able to control both sliding doors the passenger door by pressing the lock button and the trunk button at the same time the driver door by pressing the unlock button and the trunk at the same time and the power lift gate by using the trunk button alone. I connected the 12+ directly to the battery the parking light wire is very easy to find it is the WHITE/ purple wire just in front of the firewall in the driver kick, i tested the WHITE/ brown wire coming from the light switch and that did not work for me. There is a perfect ground right above the driver kick it is a 12mm bolt that holds the dashboard to the frame. There is so much room to work with under the dash making this a really neat a clean install. Since i was using iDatalink and autopage togeather i was able to take advantage of the D2D feature which is amazing, the rs232 cable from the datalink to the remote start picks all of the data to the car and does not require any other wiring. I wired everything up while i was sitting on the couch watching tv then when into the gargage and basically plugged it in and programmed it.
Mike

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic