icon

2002 dodge dakota remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
gmc8757 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2011 at 8:29 AM / IP Logged  
I didn't want to hijack a thread so I started a new on on 2002 dakota remote start.
I installed the Ultra Start on my friends 2002 dakota. everything works great, the truck starts, but the heat won't turn on. The Ultra start has 2 ignition wires where the second can be programmed for accessory. But the dakota has 2 ignition wires and 2 accessory wires so I used the second on the Ultra Start as 2nd ignition. Should I undo the accessory wire I used and use the 2nd one instead? Would I lose anything by not using the 1 accessory wire?
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,789
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2011 at 8:44 AM / IP Logged  

The best way to finish the install is to power the ACC2 with an extra relay and inline 20A fuse.

You can leave everything else as it is, just add the extra relay and connect to the trucks ACC2 wire.

You didn't mention which Ultra Start model you had but if it is the U1272, here is the wiring :

Program the Ultra Start Mode 1, Setting 5 to Option 1 - (-)Accessory Output.

Wire as follows:  Relay is 30/40A SPDT

Relay Pin 86 and Pin 87 to +12v constant thru 20A fuse.
Relay Pin 30 to vehicle ACC2 wire at ignition switch.
Relay Pin 87A not used - insulate.
Relay Pin 85 to remote start Black wire AUX1 output.

Thats it.

Soldering is fun!
gmc8757 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2011 at 9:04 AM / IP Logged  
That's great, thank you very much.
I'll go to radio shack and pick one up, the next time he comes over we'll try this. Just curious tho, what would you lose if we just moved the accessory wire to the 2nd accessory? Or is it too hard to tell?
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2011 at 2:06 PM / IP Logged  

you should power up both acc's just incase.

you wont want check engine lights or anything on.

Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic