icon

fortin can sl2 on 06 cobalt

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
scam404 
Copper - Posts: 113
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2011 at 11:59 AM / IP Logged  
I am going to install an autopage RS/alarm in my fiance's 06 cobalt sometime in the next couple weeks and I want to make sure I have everything I will need.
For bypassing the passkey 3+ I am going to get the fortin can-sl2. I am wondering though if I can still use all the other useful outputs of the sl2 module since I am not using one of the "data link" compatible alarms. It would certainly be nice if I could just get the lock/unlock, door trigger, trunk, and trunk trigger all from the unit as well instead of having to locate each wire individually.   
Also, I am guessing I will need to connect the module to the internet when I receive it to upload the correct firmware right? Thats what i had to do on my dei pkfm unit but I am not sure about this one.
Next, for the remote start, it looks like I need to use the audiovox tech document http://documents.audiovox.com/700812.pdf to make sure the acc wire gets powered on before the ignition, and then once it dies the car will start, at least thats what I got from the article. I just want to verify that this is the correct way that I will need to hook up the remote start.
This will be my 3rd remote start install, so I have a little experience, but this newer GM crap is weird.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2011 at 1:56 PM / IP Logged  

the cansl2 does door locks, trunk, door triggers, trunk triggers any many more.

all you need to do is do a w2w (wire to wire) setup and all is well. Its a great can module to use.

Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
tedmond 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2011 at 1:58 PM / IP Logged  

no need to run door triggers, door lock wires or anything to the car besides the immobilizer wires, and the can hi/low.

the cansl2 does all that via data.

btw no need to update, as the module only requires version 1.12.0 to work, and most likely if you just purchased it recently, it will have th new firmware.

Ted
Compustar Expert
scam404 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2011 at 2:25 PM / IP Logged  
awesome, so do you know about the remote start question? I just need to go by that diagram i posted right?
tedmond 
Posted: January 07, 2011 at 3:58 PM / IP Logged  

you wont need that diagram because autopage units start in the sequence of

acc - ign - start (acc stops) - car is started acc is back on. you only need that wiring diagram IF you dont have a unit that allows acc from the remote start to turn on prior to ignition turning on.

pretty much you are going to install a remote start "normally" (connect acc, ign, 12v, ground, bypass, locks) without hooking up the start wire.

these cars crank as soon as acc drops when starting with the key, same concept with remote start as the unit drops acc as well when it cranks.

Ted
Compustar Expert
scam404 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2011 at 4:22 PM / IP Logged  
thats good news, thanks a lot for your help.
tedmond 
Posted: January 07, 2011 at 9:52 PM / IP Logged  
no prob.
Ted
Compustar Expert

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic