icon

best-- hi/low level converter?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
1nicemustang 
Copper - Posts: 89
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2003 at 10:38 AM / IP Logged  
what is the best one to get? and should its be 2 or 4 channel? a buddy of mine got a 4 channel one from wal mart and it sucked. couldnt i just attach RCA plugs to the speaker outputs in the correct polarity of course and get the same effect?
thanks
esmith69 
Gold - Posts: 1,511
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2003 at 1:12 PM / IP Logged  
David Navone without a doubt.  In this situation you get what you pay for.
bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2003 at 1:34 PM / IP Logged  
No you cannot make your own connection!  The converter converts it from a high signal to a low signal. If you don’t convert it you will damage your amp(s). If you get any good name brand you should be ok, but I like to use PAC http://www.go2pac.com/products/loc.htm. And it being 2 or 4 channels that depends on how many channels you need.
esmith69 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2003 at 1:40 PM / IP Logged  

PAC, AudioLink, Install Edge, Scosche, BestKits...they all make fine ones that are suitable for most applications, but you asked us what the "best one" was and I think the david navone ones are definitely the best.  Now whether or not you'd even be able to tell a difference is a completely separate issue and for some people it's not worth the extra money....best--   hi/low level converter? -- posted image.

1nicemustang 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2003 at 2:51 PM / IP Logged  
great,,,,,i just dont want the distortion that comes with them......being powered from the mach 460 indash changer im using it on a sub amp...i will check out daves products.
1nicemustang 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2003 at 2:59 PM / IP Logged  
. which one of daves hi lo convertors would you suggest?
esmith69 
Posted: April 22, 2003 at 7:22 PM / IP Logged  
If you don't mind spending the extra money the n85 and n85v  are the best ones for sub amps, in my opinion.
1nicemustang 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2003 at 7:26 PM / IP Logged  
i went with the n-455 seeng i have a sub amp with internal variable crossover and just really needed a good hi-lo level converter.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic