< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jseibold 
Copper - Posts: 98
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2011 at 7:35 PM / IP Logged  

The car:  1999 Caddillac Seville STS

The alram/rs:  Prestige APS787
The bypass module:  DLPK by XpressKit.  Firmware version on sticker is 3.01

Everything is installed and the DLPK did program successfully, but it doesn't bypass the PK3. 

If I activate it to remote start, it powers up the ignition wires, but it does not even attempt to start.

If I hold the factory ignition key next to the ignition cylinder, the remote start works fine.  Once it is remote started, I can take the factory key and walk away from the vehicle and the car runs for the 20 minutes that I programmed.  I know that the "ground output when remote started" wire from the Prestige alarm unit is working.  When I activate the remote start, the DLPK does disarm the factory alarm, and when the car shuts down, it does shut down the car's RAP circuit.     

I am not a DEI dealer and I have spent over an hour on hold on their "tech support" line.  I can order an Audiovox bypass, but if I o that will I need their flash module thing?

Anyone have any tips to make this DLPK work?  I have used DLPK's successfully in quite a few other vehicle types.  I used a DLPK because it easy to program and I don't have the DEI flashing unit to connect the DLPK to the laptop.

zerepdivad 
Silver - Posts: 605
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2011 at 7:56 PM / IP Logged  
xpresskit lists dlpkgm working for that vehicle...
A DMM is a beautiful thing.
MECP Advanced Installer Certified.
jseibold 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2011 at 8:35 PM / IP Logged  

Correction on the bypass module...I meant to type DLPKGM and that is the actual module that I am using.  I am unable to edit my original post since i am a "rookie" to THE12VOLT.COM

godd dan it 
Copper - Posts: 446
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2011 at 8:57 PM / IP Logged  
Does everything else work that the DLPKGM offers to do? If so, I would believe this is a different problem, but I could be wrong. Ive only worked on 1 Cadillac before, but it was a '02 Deville. Its similar though. Where did you tap into for the 12 volt? You should go directly to the battery.
jseibold 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2011 at 9:08 PM / IP Logged  
I ran power from the lug at the fuseblock under the hood.  I believe the battery is underneath the back seat.  The DLPKGM does everything else that is should, i just havethe issue mentioned in my original post. 
godd dan it 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2011 at 9:20 PM / IP Logged  

That should be fine for power. The battery is probably under the seat....atleast on the Deville it is. You did say that you didnt flash it right? Maybe its possibly that you have to flash it and doesnt completely work out of the box. Ive had things like that happen before.

It does say this in the description.

We recommend that you check for firmware updates prior to installation. To upgrade firmware version please connect this module to your computer via XKLOADER, then open XPRESS VIP and click on the OPTIMAX Flash Icon. A separate OPTIMAX FLASH Window will open allowing you to review Unit information and check for updates.

*Note a live internet connection is required

godd dan it 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2011 at 9:26 PM / IP Logged  

Also, if I remember correctly....isnt the ground while running wire on the Audiovox unit a light blue wire?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic