icon

scosche gm09sr w sony xav 70bt in tahoe

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mesabooger 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2011 at 9:54 PM / IP Logged  
I installed a Sony XAV-70BT in my 2003 Chevy Tahoe w/standard Bose system. I used the Scosche GM09SR module and everything works, but the chimes sound cheezy (which I read on here would happen) and the bluetooth phone system uses the same crap speaker in the module for the audio which is terrible. I thought the phone was supposed to work over the truck speakers if you used this module. Can someone tell me if this is correct? And if it is what is a module I can buy that puts it over the truck speakers? TIA
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 10, 2011 at 10:27 PM / IP Logged  
As far as I know, all BT decks use the vehicle speakers.  The cheesy chime speaker should only be used for the chime.
mesabooger 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2011 at 10:36 PM / IP Logged  
That's what I thought but it's coming through the chime speaker. I know the metra module has a hookup for the mute wire on the radio. The scosche didn't have one, would this have something to do with it?
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 11, 2011 at 6:16 AM / IP Logged  

Muting should be handled internally of the radio.  Is this an add on BT module?   Most BT decks only  output the phone audio to the front speakers. 

Initiate a BT call and make sure the Bose amp turn on wire is still showing 12 volts.  I am not familiar with the Sony BT decks.  They may kill the amplifiers as part of the muting process. 

yimke 
Copper - Posts: 417
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2011 at 6:09 PM / IP Logged  
Turn the volume down on the module with a Philips screwdriver, it should minimize the distortion and sound better. There should be a potentiometer (Dial) and turn it counter clockwise.
It shouldn't use the module, there is no audio going to it. You should have only a purple, orange, yellow, and black wires going into the module. If there is anything else, it is not the right module.
You plugged your RCA's into the Sony right? Don't cut them.
mesabooger 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2011 at 4:55 AM / IP Logged  
Thank you for the suggestions. Apparently the issue I was having only happens when I check my voicemail??? The phone does work over the speakers as well as the mute feature. Yimke, I appreciate the feeback but this module doesnt have a pot on it. The chime level is adjusted with the key in the "run" position with the passenger door open using the dimmer control on the dashboard and no amount of adjusting will make it sound like the factory chimes since they came through the door speakers instead of this crappy chirp box. So far the HU sounds great, it's taking some getting used to because of the clunky controls but other than that it works great. Again, thanks for the suggestions.
mesabooger 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2011 at 4:56 AM / IP Logged  
I said passenger door, I meant driver door

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic