icon

remote start, 2010 mazda 3s gt manual trans

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
barttim69 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2011 at 7:02 AM / IP Logged  
So it looks like it was just a fluke. It is now back to its original issue of starting when it wants. I am about ready to just pul the damn thing out and blow it up. If you guys have any other ideas please let me know so I can give them a try.
scam404 
Copper - Posts: 113
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2011 at 8:51 AM / IP Logged  
I have an 09 mazdaspeed 3 with a viper 5901, it is perfectly safe to run it in auto mode if you hook up the correct safe guards. Hook up your neutral safety wire from the ecu to either your neutral safety input or your brake input (+). If you hook up your brake input to your neutral safety wire, hook up you parking brake which shows ground when it is engaged to your neutral safety input, that will give you double protection. I uploaded a detailed install manual at the link below if you want to read more.
http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/f33/how-install-viper-5901-alarm-remote-start-09-speed-3-a-68088/
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2011 at 3:49 PM / IP Logged  
Scott, the original poster completely ignored my advice just a couple posts above. Maybe he will read it again after seeing someone else confirm it.
His installer probably hooked up to the wrong injector wire too.
barttim69 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2011 at 7:16 PM / IP Logged  

@JWorm I didn't ignore your post. It is a very valid solution to my problem. However it is illegal in my state and would void my warranty. If I am to have a remote start in my car it HAS TO use MTS otherwise I/The store I had install it could get in big trouble.

scam404 
Copper - Posts: 113
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2011 at 10:24 PM / IP Logged  
How exactly would you get in trouble? Are you worried about getting the car inspected or something? If you have to take it in for service or inspection just switch it over to Manual mode.
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2011 at 12:34 AM / IP Logged  
barttim69 wrote:

@JWorm I didn't ignore your post. It is a very valid solution to my problem. However it is illegal in my state and would void my warranty. If I am to have a remote start in my car it HAS TO use MTS otherwise I/The store I had install it could get in big trouble.

Do you honestly think our government has some law on the books saying it is illegal to put an "automatic" remote start in a manual transmission car? Our government has better things to do with their time.
Yes, there are laws about being negligent and installing unsafe products. Their is nothing unsafe about what I described. I actually feel it is safer than the traditional method of doing the exit routine that a "Manual Transmission" starter uses. Do your exit routine, and roll down the window before you get out. Then reach in the window and put the car in gear. Then remote start the car and watch it drive down the street with nobody in it because it cranked the starter while in gear without the clutch put in. Its either DEI or Compustar that has in their install guide: "Do not install in manual transmission vehicles where the owner parks the car with the windows down or has a soft top convertible".
Now try it with my method. Put the car in gear. Hit the remote start button, and the car does not even attempt to crank.   Which method is safer?
barttim69 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2011 at 6:21 AM / IP Logged  
Well as much as I would love to do it your way it is up to my installer and I don't think he will risk his job to do it.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2011 at 7:46 AM / IP Logged  
JWorm wrote:
barttim69 wrote:

Do you honestly think our government has some law on the books saying it is illegal to put an "automatic" remote start in a manual transmission car? Our government has better things to do with their time.
Yes, there are laws about being negligent and installing unsafe products. Their is nothing unsafe about what I described. I actually feel it is safer than the traditional method of doing the exit routine that a "Manual Transmission" starter uses. Do your exit routine, and roll down the window before you get out. Then reach in the window and put the car in gear. Then remote start the car and watch it drive down the street with nobody in it because it cranked the starter while in gear without the clutch put in. Its either DEI or Compustar that has in their install guide: "Do not install in manual transmission vehicles where the owner parks the car with the windows down or has a soft top convertible".
Now try it with my method. Put the car in gear. Hit the remote start button, and the car does not even attempt to crank.   Which method is safer?

i agree with jworm here, just ask uor installer. if n ot bring it to a differant shop as he or she is incapable of isntalling a RS in a mazda 3

Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic