icon

2010 f250 diesel with viper 5101

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
papi4baby 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2011 at 3:28 AM / IP Logged  

I am about to ask to have the system removed and get my money back.

System was installed at Best buy (i dont have to the time to do it).

System was working fine. I went on vacation and the truck sat for 6 days. When i came back that's when it started to have issues.

The systems starts the truck fine, but it will run for about 10 seconds and shut down, it does this 3 times and quits.

When the truck is hot (after is been running for a while) it will stay running if using the remote start.

I have been back to best buy to get it fix 4 times, this one is almost an hour of travel.

1 time he reprogram the tach signal. No change.

2 time he put it on virtual tach. No change.

3 time went back to regular tach. No change.

4 time he reprogram everything(not sure how far he went) but i could hear the trucks horn blasting quite a few times, he said he also removed the engine checking. No change.

That last time was yesterday before i left for work that i noticed it was still shutting down after 10 seconds.

When the truck is cold i tried to program tach (hold down the valet button right after starting) but blue light never comes on no matter how long i hold it. Once the car is hot andi try to do the learn tach the light comes is a few seconds.

Please help.

Thank you.

monty_77 
Copper - Posts: 491
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2011 at 9:36 AM / IP Logged  
sounds like they should be looking for another tach source. that vehicle should have a customers access for tach right under the dash
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 15, 2011 at 3:51 PM / IP Logged  
how long did they program the diesel hold back for??
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
papi4baby 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2011 at 5:16 PM / IP Logged  

kgerry wrote:
how long did they program the diesel hold back for??

15 sec.

I did get on the truck while it was remote starting and the glow plug light goes off under 10 sec when is cold. Summer time is about 2 to 3 seconds.

Also i have cranked the truck right away by mistake before the glow plug ligh goes off and it cracks right up.

Today the truck stay running for longer than 10 seconds. I would say about 30 seconds of so. It was a bit warmer and the sun was shining on the truck(maybe a temperature issue).

When it was working it was in the 40's. It got colder when it started to have problems.

I did some digging and i swaped the tach signal sensing jumper. And the truck stay running. But like i said, it was warmer today.

I am getting out of work at 5 in the morning tomorrow. Well report back to see if the jumper switch helped.

papi4baby 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2011 at 5:20 PM / IP Logged  

Sorry i forgat to mentioned.

When i try to remote start it today, after it stopped it's 3 attemps (the truck stay running for about 30 sec's each time), i did a shut down diagnostic.

I got 3 flashes, that got repeated like three times, and then a 5 flashes. It went back to 3 flashes, being repeated 3 times and a last 5 flashes.

3 flashes indicated on the manual, low or no rpm.

5 flashes if i remember was brake light 12+.

After all that, i swap the tach sensing jumper.

papi4baby 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2011 at 7:37 PM / IP Logged  

Well i guess changing the jumper fix the problem.

I dont understand it, the way it was position was in the sensitive mode and that didn't work. I put it on the off/normal mode and it appears to have fix the issue.

Thanks to anyone who tried to help with this issue.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic