icon

08 silverado, viper remote start problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
CutDog504 
Silver - Posts: 637
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2011 at 5:47 PM / IP Logged  
Did you read the previous posts? I have no pink wire in this truck. The wire colors do not match any diagrams. Also, this is a v6 engine with a distributor. Where can I find the tach wire on this engine? Is there any way I can get it behind the cluster?
cubano 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2011 at 11:57 PM / IP Logged  
CutDog504 wrote:
Thanks Monty. I will be able to mess with I again this weekend. I am anxious to get it all working.
Me too!
dragonpntr 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2011 at 3:01 AM / IP Logged  
Use it in virtual tach and you won't need a tach wire. I agree if you follow the install guide you can get from xpresskit.com just test the wires in the pins stated with a DMM.
jim hunter 
Silver - Posts: 351
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2011 at 11:32 AM / IP Logged  
you must not be in the proper location then, i do 6-10 of these trucks i week as i work for 3 local chevy dealers and there is always pink ign, brown acc in the harnesses on the left side of the removed shroud, there are actually 2 pinks in the same harness one of them will test as 12v constant and the other will be ign, if you want a tach wire i use the lt blue at the plug on the side of the dist. just did 2 6cyl std cab work trucks this weekend
jim hunter 
Silver - Posts: 351
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2011 at 11:35 AM / IP Logged  
just meter the wires, quite possibly the yellow is your ign gm was notorious for early runs to flip flop a couple of the wire colors, which is why even after doing many gms every week i meter my wires for verification
CutDog504 
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2011 at 2:16 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for you input Jim. I will be meeting up with Cubano later today.to get this finished. I will let you know how it goes.
I always hate doing my first install on a vehicle, its always the hardest. Every one after that is usually a cakewalk. So I'm guessing the next newer silverado I do should be a cakewalk after this.
CutDog504 
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2011 at 8:29 PM / IP Logged  
I got it all working today!!! The wiring was not like the diagram here, nor did it match the pinouts on the PKUMUX directions. But I took my time and found each correct wire by testing them with my meter in every key position. The ign was orange, accessory was brown, RED / white was 12v (+), light BROWN / black was the starter wire/keysense/data wire. And the white wire is the 5v reference wire. Once. I figured all that out it was very easy. The viper 5901 is setup for manual transmissions by default, which caused me another problem. It wouldn't start, but once I read the diagnostics, it said 7 flashes meant it was in manual trans mode. I had to go into the settings menu and change that option. After that it fired right up. I didn't even have to hook up the tach wire.
electriqtion_01 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2011 at 6:46 PM / IP Logged  
Maybe you guys can help me. I have a 2007 Escalade and I installed a Python 991 alarm w/remote start. I use the xpresskit DLPK module. I used the diagram from the website which is the same as the one that came with the module. After the install I am able to get my alarm and door locks to work, but I can't get the remote start to work. I have the same wires as described previously in the forum. I tested all wires and connected the ignition, brake,and the acc wire and still can't get it to start. When I press the remote start button the display gives me a remote start error.
CutDog504 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2011 at 1:57 PM / IP Logged  
If the remote says remote start error before it even tries to crack the engine, then its an isue with the alarm. Count how many times the parking lights flash when it gives you the error. If its seven times then it is in manual transmission mode. I had that problem. Read the install guide and it will tell you how to put it in auto transmission mode.
electriqtion_01 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2011 at 7:56 PM / IP Logged  
I was able to fix the remote start error problem that I was getting. It's true that the alarm comes from the factory in manual mode as default. Now when I try the remote start the dash light and the acc come on but the truck doesn't start. I'll try to look over my wires again and see if I can figure it out.
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic