viper 5101 2003 g35

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mcnig 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2011 at 9:43 AM / IP Logged  
Hey All,
I have an Infinity G35, 2003 Sedan. I just had the Viper 5101 remote start installed, by Best Buy (Which was probably a mistake). I got the car back yesterday and noticed a few things.
1. My car has automatic headlights, which i always use. If i have them set on auto, turn the car off and leave, the lights never go out. Typically it takes like 30 seconds.
2. My interior lights do not come on when unlocking / opening the doors.
3. My door lock sometimes doesn't open when I unlock it. I have to go in and manually unlock it via backseat or passenger seat.
Please help.
If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. The best buy is over an hour away and i don't really want to be schlepping back and forth until they figure out the problem. They will probably screw more stuff up.
Thanks for all of your time!
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 20, 2011 at 1:26 PM / IP Logged  

1. Pulse the door pin after shutdown to shut the auto lights off.

2.  Have them hook up the dome light output from the alarm.

3. Find out how they hooked up the unlock wire and make sure they hard wired the doors lock instead of using a data module.

Kevin Pierson
mcnig 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2011 at 8:30 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you very much! Your time and knowledge is greatly appreciated. I will address this with Best Buy first thing tomorrow morning.
However, I did notice another issue today. As far as I know, when you start the car, the parking lights, and fog lights (if you have them). When mine starts up, my parking lights go on and flash. Additionally, one of my fog lights goes on. After further examination, both of my fog lights are in working order. When you start the car with the viper, only the drivers side one turns on. Again, this is with my headlights turned to the off position (because they don't shut off when in the AUTO position).
Doesn't seem like a huge problem, but it looks crappy. Any idea's?
yimke 
Copper - Posts: 417
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2011 at 9:03 PM / IP Logged  
Pretty interesting stuff. I work for Best Buy and it sounds like they let someone do a R/S that wasn't supposed to, or the installer was having a bad day. Trust me it happens, especially when you work 80 hours a week like I have been doing lately. Anyway...
Do you know what bypass module they used for the installation by chance? It should be on your yellow receipt. Also, when you come back in ask for it to be done by the installation lead if possible. This might mean you have to wait a bit longer, but it is worth getting done right. They can't refund you labor, but I would see if they could throw in rear defrost turn on or starter kill for ya. If you have not done so yet. (There might be a relay required $10ish)
1. It sounds like the door trigger might have been isolated/disconnected on accident. It might have been possible considering they have to go into the driver door to do power locks. Or they might have 5 wired it with a 541m relay, but the first option makes more sense considering your problems.
2. Dome-light supervision is an option that Best Buy charges for. However, I usually hook it up out of generosity since it is negative trigger in this case. If the dome light does not come on when opening the door, it leads back to my assumption with the driver door pin being isolated/disconnected. Try opening the passenger side door and see if the dome-light goes on. One last thing to double check (I know it sounds stupid but I have found it before)- make sure the dome-light switch is in the door position.
3. Similar to pier's answer. Make sure if they used the FLCAN or DLPK they did not hook up locks on it. The wires should have been run into the driver door to the switch or 5 wired as mentioned before. I'm assuming they went to the door considering your problems. So it could be either 1. Bad solder connection 2. Check pinched unlock wire 3. Run a relay with the wires, it might not be getting enough amperage.
4. The parking lights are probably hooked up to the fog-light on accident. It will meter just like a parking light except there is a left AND a right connection. Similar to the headlights. I would switch it to RED / BLUE in the driver kick and test it while the fog-light switch is off.
Cheers!
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 21, 2011 at 6:36 AM / IP Logged  
On that car it would be almost impossible to hook the fogs up instead of the parking lights. The fog lights are powered out of the IPDM under the hood and there are no fog light wires inside the cabin. The fog light switch is on a multiplexed bus that cannot be interfaced with out a special part made by a little company in Ohio.
I would look in to what data module was used and start there. I can't think of any reason why only one fog light would come on - they are as mentioned above on separate wires but they are powered by a common relay. In fact, if you power one fog light up it will back feed in to the other one and light it. Very odd.
Kevin Pierson

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic