icon

idatalink d2d or w2w

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tony_g 
Copper - Posts: 86
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2011 at 9:04 PM / IP Logged  

at some point im going to be installing a viper 5701 in my parents suv and just have some questions regarding peoples experience or suggestions as to using d2d or w2w for the bypass.this is not my first r/s install probably 5th or 6th so i dont have any issues with the install itself and am familiar with the 5701 as i recently installed one for my wife in her car.

the vehicle i will be doing is a 2005 nissan xterra and i have been looking at using the idatalink ads dlsl ca2 flashed with the NI2 nissan firmware, ideally i would prefer to do d2d with the viper and understand that when it is flashed it will need to be flashed with the DBI protocol to communicate correctly with the 5701, so my main thoughts are has anyone been using the idatalink in d2d mode with dei alarms without any hiccups or problems as i know initially there were issues with communication between the two units and people opted to do w2w instead. i dont mind doing w2w if i have to but because i will have to do it outside in wonderfull canadian minus temps d2d would save me time and frostbite lol, and secondly if using d2d is the d2d cable for idatalink to dei a specific item or will a standard 4pin to 4 pin d2d cable work, i only ask as ive seen info about different cables when ive been looking around online,some places say a dbi to d2d cable others just a straightforward d2d cable, hopefully some clarification on that would help.

any advice or input is greatly appreciated

co_ne_dub 
Copper - Posts: 80
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2011 at 10:57 PM / IP Logged  
I recently completed my install on my Grand Cherokee with an iDatalink module and the Avital 4103. The issue I had was the iDatalink does not communicate well with the Avital and quite possibly DEI in general, so I had to go w2w.
tony_g 
Copper - Posts: 86
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2011 at 11:04 PM / IP Logged  
i thought that might have been the response i was gonna get, w2w it will be then. its a shame dei is so focused on d2d only working properly with their own productsidatalink d2d or w2w - Last Post -- posted image.  but thats business i suppose, thanks for the responseidatalink d2d or w2w - Last Post -- posted image.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic