icon

04 honda pilot remote start issues

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
thrasherx 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2011 at 11:06 PM / IP Logged  
After finishing my 98 Honda Accord Crimestopper RS-4g2 remote start, I ordered one for the Pilot.
The actual remote start is working great, but the other components of the system aren't working as well.
Starting with Key:
While the remote start works fine, the key won't start the car by itself. I hooked up an anti-grind relay (same as accord), but when you turn the key to start, nothing happens (except for the click of a relay near the passenger fuse panel).
Parking Lights:
I've tried both RED / Black (+) in the kick panel, and RED / Yellow (-) on the steering column. Nothing. Ideas?
Dome Lights:
I don't have the dome lights hooked up to the remote start, but the lights are still acting weird. When you unlock the doors with the car started, sometimes the lights won't turn off until you lock the doors (they don't time out). Another option is to open and shut both the driver and passenger doors.
Please help a frustrated installer. It's cold, windy, and I have a million other things going on. Thanks!
godd dan it 
Copper - Posts: 446
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2011 at 5:31 PM / IP Logged  

For the parking lights on this year Pilot, I go to the RED / black wire behind the domelight switch. Make sure you are using a parking light wire from the remote starter wire that supplies a positive (+) if you use the RED / black wire.

thrasherx 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2011 at 6:40 AM / IP Logged  
godd dan it wrote:

For the parking lights on this year Pilot, I go to the RED / black wire behind the domelight switch. Make sure you are using a parking light wire from the remote starter wire that supplies a positive (+) if you use the RED / black wire.

Thanks for that... I thought to check the 10A fuse, and sure enough, it was blown. So after I replace that, everything should work.
monty_77 
Copper - Posts: 491
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2011 at 10:27 AM / IP Logged  
How do you have the relay wired up for anti grind
you have the starter wire on 87a and 30. Right
thrasherx 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2011 at 12:55 PM / IP Logged  
monty_77 wrote:
How do you have the relay wired up for anti grind
you have the starter wire on 87a and 30. Right
Correct. Could the key issue have anything to do with the fact that my 12V+ for the parking lights is an open circuit? The relay is hooked up like this:
30: Starter Output
85: Remote Start (Low Current)
86: Ignition 1
87: N/A
87a: Starter Input
monty_77 
Copper - Posts: 491
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2011 at 2:10 PM / IP Logged  
is the remote start connection to the yellow/black
do you all ready have the door locks hooked up if not try unlocking button.
the anti-grind is active when unit is locked. if you do not want the relay active when the door is locked i would reprogram it as ignition output.
also i have had some viper alarms do this, not sure it crimestopper did this too, but if the lock button is held to long it goes in to a lock out mode and activates the starter kill and the only way to disable the starter kill after that you must hold the unlock button for about 5-10 seconds
just try unhooking the yellow/black and try the key and see if it works
this problem should not have anything to do with the lights
TooDark 
Copper - Posts: 163
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2011 at 1:06 PM / IP Logged  
thrasherx wrote:
Dome Lights:
I don't have the dome lights hooked up to the remote start, but the lights are still acting weird. When you unlock the doors with the car started, sometimes the lights won't turn off until you lock the doors (they don't time out). Another option is to open and shut both the driver and passenger doors.
Did you every get this figured out? I did a 04 Piolt with the problem.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 29, 2011 at 6:46 AM / IP Logged  
TooDark wrote:
thrasherx wrote:
Dome Lights:
Did you every get this figured out? I did a 04 Piolt with the problem.
You can either trigger the car's keysense wire during remote start, or you can cheat by programming your remote starter for ignition-controlled doorlocks.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic