the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

recommend remote starter

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2011 at 7:47 PM / IP Logged  

I have found that the Ultra Start has great Tach sensing.  The Bulldog units have a tough time with a Honda Fuel Injector or individual coil but work great on regular coils like your S-10.  The Ultra Start can handle the Honda's' weak signals and the Tach outputs from newer bypass modules.  Ultra Start also has programmable adjustments for Over / Under crank. 

Two way remote are nice but seem to go thru batteries quicker.

Soldering is fun!
boomer_106 
Silver - Posts: 710
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2011 at 8:54 PM / IP Logged  

kel789 wrote:
I don't know how many have failed on the tachless mode. In your case, it does not matter since yours is wired. Ultra has the auto detect wired tach and tachless mode. It has 2 aux. 1 is for the trunk by default and can changed, not sure the limitation with the other aux.
2 way paging systems will cost more. It is usually packaged with added relays, shock sensor, siren and etc. There is no siren with 1272. You need to use the car horn (-) by the way. It is at the switch. You need to add a relay for using the a siren. It is hard to compare when paying more for more features. 1 LCD remote will run about $80 on ebay to $100 on official sites for brand name like Compustar and Viper, if you lose it or damaged it. Guess how I know. You can use the backup 1-way remote. If it is defective/damaged then it will run you about $40 to $50. Guess how I know again. Ultra was less than $50 with S/H for me.
It looks like a good deal with Crimestopper RS-4 on Amazon.

Sounds like you have been hard on remotes.recommend remote starter - Page 2 -- posted image.

boomer_106 
Silver - Posts: 710
Silver spacespace
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic