viper 5902, 2001 ford f250

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
wmccue 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2011 at 8:11 AM / IP Logged  

Hello,

Anyone know wich is the correct jumper setting for 5902 or 5901, my system was hard wired into a f250 no bypass or harness kits used.

Also on shock sensor is #1 the most sensitive setting? or is #15 the most sensitive setting?  Can't get my shock sensor to trigger, shouldn't i be able to slap the side of the truck and get a response?

One last question, which wires have to be hooked up in order for the shock sensor to work properly?

Thanks to anyone who can help!

2001 F-250 7.3l powerstroke diesel crew cab without keyless entry
tony_g 
Copper - Posts: 86
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2011 at 8:36 AM / IP Logged  
5901 manual says vertical for onboard or no module and horizontal for external module, for the shock sensor 1 is the lowest sensitivity and 15 the highest. if its the built in shock sensor then it wont really trigger unless a minor impact hits the vehicle but that also depends on where or how the brain is mounted and how solid the mounting area is regarding the transfer of the impact through the vehicle to be detected, mine is mounted in the centre console below the radio/air controls and screwed down secure in a 98 taurus and i had to turn my sensor down to 8 after originally having it at 10.
wmccue 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2011 at 7:32 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the info, i know the tilt sensor is working and i backed my shock sensor down to level 8 like you said, I didn't have it mounted  yet, so i am sure that will solve the problem.

wmccue 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2011 at 4:49 PM / IP Logged  

Is this a built in feature to these remote start alarm systems? I can't start the vehicle if my door is open i used to be able to stand outside the vehicle and turn the ignition on. Now it will only let me start the vehicle if my door is closed.

have an 01 f-250 no keyless entry with viper 5902 remote start module. it is an automatic.viper 5902, 2001 ford f250 - Last Post -- posted image.

wmccue 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2011 at 6:19 PM / IP Logged  
But i can remote start the vehicle with the door open...strange.
laziebun 
Member - Posts: 39
Member spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2011 at 7:35 PM / IP Logged  
do you have the door trigger wired hooked up?
wmccue 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2011 at 7:58 PM / IP Logged  

Hello,

Yes i have the door triggers wired and i have them all double diode insulated, they work fine and seem to have no false alarms.

Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2011 at 5:17 PM / IP Logged  
You should really try to word your posts better so that people can understand what you are saying. The first post says it won't start with the door open and the second says exactly the opposite. How are we supposed to help you?
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
the12volt 
Administrator - Posts: 3,955
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2011 at 6:51 PM / IP Logged  
Multiple topics by the OP for this installation have been merged into this topic.
viper 5902, 2001 ford f250 - Last Post -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com
wmccue 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2011 at 12:32 PM / IP Logged  

Mike M2 wrote:
You should really try to word your posts better so that people can understand what you are saying. The first post says it won't start with the door open and the second says exactly the opposite. How are we supposed to help you?
< language=>

I'm really sorry about that! I was beginning to think no body was around to answer questions and i was just mumbling to myself. But yes I do have a problem, I had quite a few and thanks to all you folks resolved most of them.

Originally i had a problem with my doors they were hooked into the dome supervision delay and would not trigger the alarm until  the dome light went off. If you tried to arm the system before the dome light went off you would get a door trigger error message saying that the door was still open.

I got a bunch of help from you gents, and learned how to find the individual door triggers wired them, they worked but then after 45 minutes of being armed the bcm would send a signal and that would trigger the alarm making it appear as if it was a door trigger.  More help and I learned how to diode isolate, then double diode isolate, and finally solved my door trigger problems.

I had a problem with my radio only working while on acessory power, but then solved that by changing out a blown fuse that i discovered. 

Long story short the only issue i have left to resolve with this alarm remote start combo is that the vehicle will not manually start with a key if the door is open. As soon as i close the door the key will work fine. At first i though maybe this was a feature of the alarm but it can't be because I can remote start the vehicle with the door open or door closed, and if this was just a safety feature they would make it so you could also not remote start the vehicle with the door open.

I just noticed this problem near the end of this install so i'm not sure at what part of the install project this started happening.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, Sorry to confuse anyone this is a great site for Guys like me! and i'm thankfull you guys are out there!

Will in Phoenix,

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic