the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

window roll up module

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jpadj22 
Copper - Posts: 100
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2011 at 11:43 AM / IP Logged  

Hi, I was thinking of installing a window roll up module in my car. Im getting mixed opinions from the search feature. I wanted to know if anyone prefers a certain brand or what features in the module should i look for. First time looking up this add on so i want to get some feedback before i make my choice . Thanks in advanced !

No better feeling then getting a remote start to work right!
kel789 
Copper - Posts: 128
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2011 at 2:09 PM / IP Logged  
I am looking into this myself. Most people are using DEI. DEI 530T up & down and needs 2 aux. DEI 529T up or down and needs 1 aux. Check out ebay.
jpadj22 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2011 at 2:15 PM / IP Logged  
Cool thanks!
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2011 at 4:36 PM / IP Logged  
Never had any problems with either.
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2011 at 6:16 PM / IP Logged  

I installed two DEI 530T in my Taurus Wagon mostly to teach myself how.  Connected the front windows to one AUX, and the rear windows to a seperate AUX on my Viper 5301.  Works well for the most part.  All windows roll up when armed/locked.  Is a bit slower in these COLD Wisconsin winters.         Only issue I came across was my drivers window had one touch down as a factory item.  After running the wires from the 530T  to the wires in the door, I lost that feature. It will roll down about one third with each press of the button.  But it does have one touch up. All other windows have one touch up and down.  Granted, I have not gone back to look at my drivers one touch down issue, too cold right now and now a huge issue for me at the moment.

It was quite a bit of work. I positioned the 530Ts under the center counsel and extended the wires back to the door and drivers door sill. Also brought a heavy line for 12 volts and extended the AUX wires to that area.

I took photos of that project if you would like to look at them.

When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
jpadj22 
Posted: January 26, 2011 at 8:21 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks howie & smokeman, im going with the 529t. Im in chicago so i understand the weather situation. It would be great if i could see some pics.
kel789 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2011 at 10:18 PM / IP Logged  
I need some clarifications while we are on the subject. I am interested in 529T. I keep on reading about windows go up when armed. Since I want the windows down and of course it can not be armed and windows down. I need the windows to go down before walking to the car during the hot summer months. So, I cut the down wire from switch to the regulator and connect them accordingly. If so, then how to deal with the orange & ORANGE / black wires and gray & gray/black wires since I just want the down function?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2011 at 4:08 AM / IP Logged  
Kel, I think you might be giving yourself grief with a 529 in that context, use a 530 instead.
kel789 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2011 at 2:26 PM / IP Logged  
I have not completely read 530 manual. Both should have the same connections but 530 has extra connections on the other side of the wire that is going from the switch to the regulator that is where it allows up and down functions, you need to cut both sides?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2011 at 2:34 PM / IP Logged  
If you mean the 2 motor wires yes. That will give you one-touch up and down from ALL switches + window close on arm and vent, providing you wire to the motor wires in each door Read the instructions.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic