icon

99 jeep grand cherokee parking lights

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
carlos amj 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2011 at 2:43 AM / IP Logged  
I finished working on installing a viper 5701 on a 99 jeep grand cherokee. Everything went simple and quick. I have been having problems with making the parking lights flash. I tried cutting the parking light wire in half and hooking the white wire from the alarm to the side away from the switch and hooking the WHITE/ brown wire to the switch side of the wire( which it says its the isolation wire for parking lights and its 87a of the on board relay of the alarm. I think I'm missing something because it won't do anything. What do you guys think. I was also reading about being able to go directly to the relay in the vehicle. Could someone explain that a little better. Thanks guys.
gabedemelo 
Copper - Posts: 64
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2011 at 3:16 AM / IP Logged  
the wire you want should be yellow negative lights wire coming from switch. use ground output light wire from unit with 1200 t0 1500 ohms resistor. you need to switch jumper on brain to negative light output, jumper comes set for 12v. the jeep wire should not be cut, so butt connect back
GreenGables
gabedemelo 
Copper - Posts: 64
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2011 at 3:20 AM / IP Logged  
dont need to use relay or isolation wire, only white wire, with resistor and with jumper set right
GreenGables
blanx218 
Silver - Posts: 654
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2011 at 8:31 AM / IP Logged  

There is a rest resistance on the parking light wire so you do need to isolate it from the switch.

you can also pull the relay for the parking lights from the fuse box and trigger the parking lights there. it should be the bottom middle relay just above the fuses. use a DMM to verify but i think its pin 86 (-) trigger. then connect your white wire to this pin and set brain for (-) trigger. no need for the WHITE/ brown

jpadj22 
Copper - Posts: 100
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2011 at 10:37 AM / IP Logged  

I would just use the relay With the 1300 Resistor. You can also leave the jumper set to +here is how u sould wire ur relay for a + outut

pin 87 to parking light wire of jeep with the 1.3k resistor.l

pin 86 and pin 30 to ground

pin 85 to viper + parking light wire

pin 87a not used

I did a 2002 not to long ago and take it for what is worth much easier to do this set up then messing with the trucks relays . Hope this helps.

No better feeling then getting a remote start to work right!
carlos amj 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2011 at 11:58 AM / IP Logged  
Awesome. I will try these options today and let you know which one work for me. Thanks a lot guys.
carlos amj 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2011 at 12:00 PM / IP Logged  
Awesome. I will try these options today and let you know which one work for me. Thanks a lot guys.
carlos amj 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2011 at 7:10 PM / IP Logged  
So all I needed to do was run a 1200 ohm resister in line to the parking light wire and it work. Thanks for all the help.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic