icon

proximity sensor and dei 5901

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lilancer 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2011 at 8:28 PM / IP Logged  
Hi i have a viper 5901, dei 516u (talking module) and a omega au94 proximity sensor. the proximity sensor is hard wired since the plug didnt fit the viper. I have it wired like this.... the voice module is 12v constant, 12v switch, siren to siren, ground when armed to ground when armed on the 5901,ground to ground, and warn away from the voice module to warn away on the proximity sensor. The proximity sensor is wired like...12v to 12v constant, ground to ground when armed ( i diode isolated the voice module) full trigger to instant trigger on the 5901 with the trunk trigger. Problem i am having is everytime i remote start the truck the alarm goes off and as it starts it says protected by viper stand back. My theory is that the ground when armed loses ground when i start the truck the comes back after i start it and bugs the proximity sensor out. Is there any way around this?
godd dan it 
Copper - Posts: 446
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2011 at 11:25 PM / IP Logged  

The wire that goes to the ground when armed wire.....tap into an ignition wire instead. Try that.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic