clifford avantguard 5.5 alarm brain

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lee_hdi 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2011 at 5:58 AM / IP Logged  
Hi,
I have a Clifford Avantguard 5.5 alarm system on my car. I bought CliffNet so that I can change the siren noises and things, but I can't find the "brain" where I'd plug the 3 pin white connector into.
I had a look around the engine bay, and the only thing I can see is the 454T for the alternator and the siren. Inside I can only see the Valet switch.
Any idea's where the installers might have put it? A picture would be ideal if you have one.
Regards,
Lee
lee_hdi 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2011 at 6:27 AM / IP Logged  
Just had a look behind the glovebox and dashboard and found this. Is that the control unit? [sorry for the poor pictures, its a bit tight behind there!]
clifford avantguard 5.5 alarm brain -- posted image.
d6-karl 
Copper - Posts: 51
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2011 at 7:24 AM / IP Logged  
The last picture looks like a shock sensor, the first ones look like it would be the control box, best thing to do is it cut the cable ties down and have a look
lee_hdi 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2011 at 10:03 AM / IP Logged  
Yeah that was it. Had to take the glovebox out and that so I could access it.
Still can't get the Intellistart to work though. It pulses the engine, but when you press Start it does nothing :/
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2011 at 12:44 PM / IP Logged  
Actually looking at that installation it looks pretty decent, is this a Lexus?
The port for the Wiz will be on the Intellistart unit, other end to wiring plugs.
Do not use the Wiz on a G5 product, it's incompatible.
Many companies will negate any warantee if a member of the public uses the Wiz, in my experience they usually screw up all the settings, probably why the R/S fails to work, bet you've pulled out the data lead from the main unit, the plug or junction box you show in pictures two and three actually hides the brain, but why did they remove its metal casing? That negates it as a Cat l unit.
I suggest you go back to where it was installed, get them to sort out both the remote start and your new settings.
From what you've posted DON'T TOUCH IT! but then we've been here before with this conversation haven't we.
lee_hdi 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2011 at 5:03 PM / IP Logged  
When have we had this conversation? clifford avantguard 5.5 alarm brain -- posted image.
No its not a Lexus, its a Peugeot.
The battery has been off numerous times since the alarm was fitted, so I suspect that it has just lost its settings.
I have not removed any wires or connectors from any of the units. Why would I do that? clifford avantguard 5.5 alarm brain -- posted image.
I have no idea why they removed the metal casing, infact I'm not the installer, so I didn't even know there was a metal casing.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2011 at 6:04 PM / IP Logged  
Wrong, non volatile memory, won't loose its settings.
lee_hdi 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2011 at 8:14 AM / IP Logged  
Well how does it lose its settings over night and not work then?
I thought it might of been like a ECU whereby they reset to default settings when the battery has been off for a while.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2011 at 9:21 AM / IP Logged  
It is hence the volatile memory comment, if you have a 206 the Intellistart is probably around the BSI box and this needs looking at properly we are running around in circles here.
Go back to whoever installed it.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2011 at 11:34 AM / IP Logged  
The problem is you've either altered some settings without realising or disturbed the data cable going from the alarm ECU to the Intellistart.
My set up has been in the current car for 31/2 years and 60,000 miles, never touched it since the install.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic