the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Where and how to install shock sensor ??

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
stanward 
Copper - Posts: 57
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2003 at 4:55 AM / IP Logged  
Hello people,
I will install a Double Guard Stinger Sensor(P/N 504D) in the rear of my pickup truck to protect my tailgate(and to protect the rear area).
Where and how shall I install this shock sensor? Shall I install the shock sensor in the middle of the tailgate or in one of the rear tail light assemblies?
Thanks,
Stan
Ryan Smith 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2003 at 6:02 AM / IP Logged  

Is this going anywhere where there will be moisture or is the bed covered?  I would guess the best spot would be up under the "lip" of the bedside, and maybe make a metal or aluminum cover that would protect it from being hit by something, or from being ripped out.

drvnbysound 
Silver - Posts: 289
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2003 at 9:38 AM / IP Logged  
You are going to want to install it, where ever no major moisture is going to be able to pour onto it, as it is electronic. As stated previously, you dont want it anywhere that it may be broken either, via objects which you may run over, etc. You want to make sure that it is attached to a secure place, so that when the bed of the truck is tampered with, it detects the vibration as well. I would personally try to find a place near the center of the bed, under your truck, which vibrates with the bed. I am not sure if there are going to be many places, which arent the bottom of the bed itself, which would then make you screw into the bed of your truck. Good luck
CCRoadshop 
Copper - Posts: 70
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2003 at 10:12 AM / IP Logged  
what he said ^^^
Installer - Circuit City Roadshop(2 1/2 years n counting)
------------------
Alpine CDA7894(soon to be the cda9815)
Pioneer XM unit(soon to be direct link alpine)
Audiovox 995C alarm/remote start
stanward 
Copper - Posts: 57
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2003 at 2:09 PM / IP Logged  

Hello guys,

Thanks for the response.  I will either locate the shock sensor inside of the tailgate, towards the middle.  There is a secure plate that allows access inside the tailgate to access the tailgate handle and associated rods that go with it.  I was thinking of mounting it onto the tailgate handle or the rods.

But after reading the install instructions on DEI Viper alarms, they say not to mount the shock sensor directly to something "hard mounted."  They say to mount it onto a wire harness or something.

So the next best spot is behind one of the rear tail lights, in which it is protected from moisture, etc.  But if I mount it behind the rear tail light, will the sensitivity be directed towards the install site?  I'm confused, I thought mounting it in the center would be best?

Stan

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic