LED Blinking on Pursuit PRO-9276C Remote Start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tonysak 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2011 at 5:02 PM / IP Logged  
Hi Guys,
Thanks for reading this. So i got a new Highlander and the dealer installed a Pursuit series PRO-9276C as a freebee to help make up for an error they made.
Anyway, the starter was installed today at the deal via a 3rd party. Everything works, however there is a stupid bright blue LED light that blinks constantly up by the antenna. Its basically saying "please steel my Valentine One" which is right next to it.   
I'm hoping one of you guys knows how to turn off this flashing LED. PLEASE HELP!
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 08, 2011 at 6:27 PM / IP Logged  
I don't believe that LED control is a programmable feature. Most thieves however should avoid it as the blinking LED is typically a sign that the vehicle has an aftermarket security system in it.
I am not sure about Audiovox, but DEI has a diagram that explains what wire does what in the antenna harness that runs to their combo antennas(Antenna/LED/Valet switch in one). This allows the installer to change from the all-in-one style antenna to the older style that has separate components...which allows you to hide the LED.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
tonysak 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2011 at 6:39 PM / IP Logged  
Think I could just cut or try to break the LED? I'm trying to avoid putting black tape over everything.
Whenever I see a flashing light like that i see "cheap alarm".
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 08, 2011 at 7:19 PM / IP Logged  
I'm sure if you take the antenna off the windshield, pull it apart, and take a look at the circuit board I am sure you would be able to de-solder the leads to the LED. However the LED is required for programming options, knowing status of lock/unlock, etc.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
lectricguy 
Copper - Posts: 359
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2011 at 7:34 PM / IP Logged  

Unfortunately, the LEDs are not programmable on the Pursuit systems.  

If you follow the 5 conductor antenna cable to the brain, you will notice the cable splits into 3 sections; RED / GREEN/ black(antenna), grey(switch) and blue(LED).  Simply unplug the blue wire from the brain and the LED will no longer illuminate. The blue LED wire has a seperate double pin connector at the brain (1 wire in a 2 pin plug), making this change straight forward.   Should you ever want to restore the LED operation, just plug the blue LED wire/connector back into the brain. 

Should you wish to have a seperate LED for use with the system,  you could get one from another alarm system (such as Omega's AU-LED-BLU--Google this to find lots of sources), and plug the alternate LED into the 2 pin connector.   The tiny LED connector is fairly common, and will work fine if you decide to add an alternate LED later.

Lectric Guy
tonysak 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2011 at 12:04 PM / IP Logged  
lectricguy wrote:

Unfortunately, the LEDs are not programmable on the Pursuit systems.  

If you follow the 5 conductor antenna cable to the brain, you will notice the cable splits into 3 sections; RED / GREEN/ black(antenna), grey(switch) and blue(LED).  Simply unplug the blue wire from the brain and the LED will no longer illuminate. The blue LED wire has a seperate double pin connector at the brain (1 wire in a 2 pin plug), making this change straight forward.   Should you ever want to restore the LED operation, just plug the blue LED wire/connector back into the brain. 

Should you wish to have a seperate LED for use with the system,  you could get one from another alarm system (such as Omega's AU-LED-BLU--Google this to find lots of sources), and plug the alternate LED into the 2 pin connector.   The tiny LED connector is fairly common, and will work fine if you decide to add an alternate LED later.

This literally took 2 seconds. Thanks for the Help!
tonysak 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2011 at 12:08 PM / IP Logged  
I guess I could put the LED wire on a switch too. I doubt I will ever need to "reprogram" but i made some notes in the instructions. Thanks again!
lectricguy 
Copper - Posts: 359
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2011 at 12:18 PM / IP Logged  

Assuming the horn is hooked up, you really don't need the LED's to program the system.  I find the LEDs to be of most use as a reminder when putting the system in Valet mode (LEDs on solid), and as a visual theft deterrent as Twelvoltz mentioned earlier.  

Glad to hear this works for you.

Cheers!

Lectric Guy
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2011 at 2:08 PM / IP Logged  
I know it has been brought up in this post but I know from bitter experience, and in a car park with CCTV in Central London, that all the BM's Benz and ALL the vehicles with flashing LEDs were left alone.
ccbuick04 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2011 at 2:38 PM / IP Logged  

Customers complain about the strangest things. I really need out of retail.

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic