icon

1998 sunfire passlock?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bowhuntr 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2011 at 6:03 PM / IP Logged  
When I put the car in the "on" position the anti theft light stays on solid??I've already mistakenly ..arrgh replaced the fuel pump...not knowing anything about this stupid system figured that was it...darnnit,then figured it was this instead..tried replacing ign switch to no avail,finally went and bought the bypass kit and installed and programmed it...........car will still not start and light is still on?????Any help would be great,TY
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 12, 2011 at 8:22 PM / IP Logged  
You replaced the ignition switch? If I remember correctly there was some type of recall on them. Have you tried the passlock reset procedure of turning the key to the run position (not start) for 10 minutes?
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
bowhuntr 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2011 at 10:20 PM / IP Logged  
Yes I've tried that to no effect...frustrating to say the least!!lol drivin me nuts.even went and purchased the passlock bypass system and installed it.....it didn't work either, car still won't start and the light is on still when i turn the key to the on position or try to start it..
todds440 
Member - Posts: 48
Member spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2011 at 4:04 PM / IP Logged  
If u changed the ign switch then u changed the resistor value from before and the car is never going to start. Do u still have the old switch to try to get the resitor value?
lanman31337 
Copper - Posts: 83
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2011 at 10:33 AM / IP Logged  
It might be the wires underneath the radiator from the PCM to the cluster.  My 97 sunfire did it in that exact place and same symptoms.  The J-body cars are nororious for this.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic