icon

528t wiring to headlights for unlock

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
integraking 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2011 at 7:20 AM / IP Logged  
i was wondering if anybody knew how to wire up the dei 528t to turn on the headlights with the unlock button for x amount of time?...i couldnt find any manuals or anyway how to do this and i've been researching for a few days but the car is a 94 acura integra...also i was wondering if after i hit the unlock button and the lights turn on then i turn the headlight switch will that cause any damage to the unit or my car?
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 18, 2011 at 3:05 PM / IP Logged  
The headlight (low beam) wire is a 12ga RED / white in the steering column harness.
Since you did not specify, I will post assuming you are using an aftermarket system to trigger this.
Wiring for the 528T:
BLACK/ white - negative door unlock output from aftermarket system, diode isolated from vehicle negative unlock trigger (this will prevent the headlights from coming on every time you press unlock on the door)
red - fused +12V supply (15Amp)
black - chassis ground
yellow - fused +12supply (you can use the same supply as the red)
brown - to RED / white headlight wire in column
Turning on the headlight switch supplies +12V to the RED / white when low beam is activated. You are supplying +12V with the pulse timer, same as the switch does, it should cause no issues. Make sure you test all wiring with a DMM before you hook into anything.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
Ween 
Platinum - Posts: 1,366
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2011 at 3:13 PM / IP Logged  

you could also use the ignition lead at column as ground for the 528T....the lights will only be activated with an unlock signal  if the ignition is off.

mark

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2011 at 4:19 PM / IP Logged  
Mark, I didn't jump in because there was no alarm specified but thinking it through you could also feed the black white from the lock wire at a cost of 2 more diodes so giving "door" illumination on lock.
If no alarm unit, use the motor wires pos pulse and cut the loop, maybe an ignition pulsed relay as an interlock so it wouldn't work if you locked the doors whilst driving.
integraking 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2011 at 9:25 PM / IP Logged  
sorry i forgot to put that up there but i have a python 871xp...thanks ya'll for the quick replies i will try this out and see how things go...quick question tho so for the 12volt supply i would add a fuse holder with a 15a fuse? and when you mean diode isolate i put the cathode side on the BLACK/ white?
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 18, 2011 at 9:41 PM / IP Logged  
The 871XP has a dome light supervision output. This low current output comes on when you unlock the system and stays active for 30 seconds or until the remote start is shutdown with the brake. You could just use the BLACK/ white out from the 871 to a relay connected to the headlight wire in the column...no need for the pulse timer.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
Ween 
Platinum - Posts: 1,366
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2011 at 9:41 PM / IP Logged  
cathode to alarm module and BLACK/ white of 528t, anode to vehicle wiring.
integraking 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2011 at 7:14 AM / IP Logged  
but is there a way to make it so the headlights dont keep flashing when the alarm is triggered or going off?...because my car has HID headlights and i've been told that if you keep turning the lights on and off constantly it'll blow the bulbs or so they say...but i figured if i buy the 528t it wouldnt be a problem i guess
tony_g 
Copper - Posts: 86
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2011 at 11:03 PM / IP Logged  
you could use your indicators (turn signals) as a conformation of arm/disarm and alarm like us brits do with our cars,it would save your HID bulbs from risk of damage if they are that sensitive. i have no idea as to what your wires are thanks to a hard drive failure and loosing 150 gb off alldata repair :( but im sure someone will be able to direct you to the right ones, howie.........lol
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2011 at 12:20 AM / IP Logged  
GREEN / WHITE and GREEN/ red. Did a 99 Civic Coupe on Saturday. Note test, I just remembered that some Hondas can be GREEN/ YELLOW and GREEN/ blue!
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic