icon

2007 wrangler r.s. mux wire

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
toby12188 
Copper - Posts: 57
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2011 at 11:01 PM / IP Logged  
2007 wrangler r.s. mux wire -- posted image.
I'm putting remote start in a 2007 Wrangler.. and I'm confused by this diagram. On the picture it indicates that you should cut the factory start wire and hook the ignition cylinder side of the cut to the one relay, and the other side of the cut to the other relay. But then there's a note down at the bottom that says "The normal connection to the vehicle's start wire is still required." What exactly does that mean? Do I completely cut the wire or just splice into it?
I want to know exactly, for sure, how this should be hooked up before I get going.
Thanks!
I didn't do it. *nodnod*
toby12188 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2011 at 11:30 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, the diagram is how you hook up the starter #2 wire. On the wrangler wiring info page it says that the starter wire is yellow/gray, and that it's under the hood.. but it says "Not for remote start." So is there anything I hook up to that wire?
I didn't do it. *nodnod*
phil6710 
Copper - Posts: 89
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2011 at 11:38 PM / IP Logged  
You will need a bypass for that vehical. Use a idatalink bypass and it will handel the mux wire along with most of the other wireing.
Solartech Window Tinting and Electronics,contract installer
toby12188 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2011 at 11:38 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry for all the posts, there's no edit button lol. Do I only hook the accessory wire up to these relays, or do I hook it up to the relays and the vehicle accessory wire?
I didn't do it. *nodnod*
toby12188 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2011 at 11:53 PM / IP Logged  
I have a 556UW bypass, but it doesn't do anything for the mux wire so I'm going to need these relays.
I didn't do it. *nodnod*
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2011 at 6:55 AM / IP Logged  

1.  You do not need to connect anything to the Yellow/Gray Starter wire under the hood.

2. The cars PURPLE / Brown MUX wire controls the the Accessory and Starter circuits.  The remote starter outputs ( Start1 and ACC1 ) connect to and control the relays.  There will be no connections from the remote starter ACC or Starter wires directly to the car, only the Ignition1 wire gets connected to the Jeeps Pink/White Ignition1 wire.  That diagram is generic and applicable to many vehicles, some of which have ACC2 or Starter1 wires besides the MUX wire, yours doesn't.

3.  Follow the MUX Relay diagram using the correct resistor values and cut the PURPLE / Brown MUX wire as shown.

4. The 556U is required if you have a transponder system in the Jeep.  It only makes the vehicle think there is a transponder key chip at the ignition switch antenna but has nothing to do with the ignition wires and MUX start control.  You will still need the relays.

As mentioned above by phil6710, the use of a bypass module on this vehicle takes the place of the relays, resistors, 556U bypass and you don't have the loose a key.  Makes things faster, easier and more secure.  You do however need two working keys to program the bypass module.  Here is a link to DEI's offerings.    http://www.xpresskit.com/VehicleCompatibility.aspx?p=null&year=2007&make=Jeep&model=Wrangler&ps=3&s=0   The "retired" products can still be found "online" for very reasonable prices.

Good luck.

Soldering is fun!
toby12188 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2011 at 9:42 PM / IP Logged  
Thank yall for all the replies, I broke down and ordered a canmax400
I didn't do it. *nodnod*

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic