icon

choosing subs for chevy x cab

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
twiztd_11 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2011 at 7:56 PM / IP Logged  
Looking to maximize my sub application! I want to get the most out of my amp but am limited by enclosure size. looking for a 1000w rms 12 that is less than 8 inch mounting depth and needs to play in a 1.13cf chamber. Amp is a orion xtr 2400. 1200 watts@4ohms 2400@2ohms. Have already blown a pair of 600watt rms subs at 4ohms but looking to run 2ohms for max power. is there a speaker out there that will accomplish this or should i try something different? I am open to suggestions. I would like to keep the current box if possible. this is my current enclosure below. thx
http://subthump.com/Chevrolet-GMC-Sub-Boxes/Silverado-Sierra-Extended-Cab/99-06-GM-Extended-Cab-Ultra-Deep-MAXX-Dual-1012-Downfire-Box-NEW.html
twiztd_11 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2011 at 7:57 PM / IP Logged  
By the way I'm in a 99 chev silverado xtended cab truck...
twiztd_11 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2011 at 9:14 PM / IP Logged  
subs i have looked at so far are fosgate t1, jlw6 and mtx 8500 but looking for something with a higher rms rating...
smgreen20 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2011 at 8:28 PM / IP Logged  
Look into TREO SSp series subs. You can use the space on both sides of the trany hump, unless you have other purposes for it, and the amps WILL fit behind the rear bench seat.
You could also raise the rear bench seat up by 2" (that's what I did) and get even more room. I have a 3 cubic foot box under mine. Everything else is mounted on the back wall.
twiztd_11 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2011 at 10:45 PM / IP Logged  
smgreen20...Those treo subs look nice...i looked at treo several years ago and went with a diamond d6 at the time and was not dissappointed but this looks to be a very good fit for my application.
thank you
100+views / any body else got any suggestions?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic