icon

low beam hi beam together hid problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
daytonboi 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2011 at 6:50 PM / IP Logged  
I have a 1998 GMC Astro (yes that is correct). For the past couple years I have had the van setup to keep the low beams on when I switch on the high beams.
Recently I went to a 9006 HID and stock 9005 setup. As it is right now when I switch to the high beams my HIDs flicker off for about a .5 sec before rebounding. This is not good for the ballast.
So as of right now I don't really use my high beams. However, after I finish my projector retrofit I would like to be able to switch on the high beams and the low beams not flicker.
I'm wondering if I could get some help on this circuit. I was thinking of trying to put a capacitor inline somewhere that would hold just enough juice for the lights to not flicker. But I'm not sure about it. Any help is a appreciated.
2013 Chevy Impala LTZ
oldspark 
Gold - Posts: 4,913
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2011 at 8:01 PM / IP Logged  
If you haven't changed your control circuit, you probably have to - the HID is getting both lo- & hi-beam signals.
Move the low-beam circuit (back) to the output of the dip switch so that EITHER hi or low is selected. (For full-time low beam, the low beam is moved to the "beam" power BEFORE the hi/lo dip switch.)
Otherwise an SPDT relay should do. EG - low HID from 87a and high HID from 87 if coil (86, 85) is triggered by the hi-beam signal for HiBeam on.      

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic