icon

compustar 2w acting up

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
saleen49 
Copper - Posts: 99
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2011 at 6:36 PM / IP Logged  

My Compustar 2W8000FMR(3000) has worked great for many years. Last year the 2 way remote quit so I use the basic 1 way remote now to start the vehicle. The battery on my Ford Ranger went bad so I replaced it with a new one. Ever since the battery issue occurred, my Compustar settings have all changed. It seems to be in diesel start mode. The dome light comes on now when I lock the doors. Doors lock automatically in passive mode now. I played around with bottons on the remote including reprogramming it to the 3000cm. Now the truck won't sense the tach and keeps shutting down. Is their a way to reset to factory settings on my 3000cm head?

pitoaudiovisual 
Copper - Posts: 388
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2011 at 10:04 AM / IP Logged  
what i have noticed is when ever i had a customer and they jump start the car due to a battery dead i have always had to replace the unit cause the internal components fry or short out. U might have to replace the Brain.
Confidence is the key to any project!!
pitoaudiovisual 
Copper - Posts: 388
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2011 at 10:05 AM / IP Logged  
It will lock and unlock and lights flash but it will not start
Confidence is the key to any project!!
saleen49 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2011 at 10:17 AM / IP Logged  

Ok..The truck was never jumped. The problem began during a period when the original truck battery was failing. It was zero degrees outside. I remote started it but the battery was too low to fire the motor while in RS mode. It cranked real slowly and quit before it fired. It did fire and start with the key just fine. The unit was still remote startable up until Tuesday  when I was trying to disable diesel mode. Now it won't stay running. All my settings are now changed since the low truck battery incident. My 2 way remote is broken and I have been working with the white 1 way remote. I really don't have it in my budget to buy a new system right now because I am in school. Was hoping to get buy with this unit until i was employeed again.

Thanks for the reply

prdjr165 
Copper - Posts: 293
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2011 at 10:42 PM / IP Logged  
I can second the jump starting issue:it happened to my brother on his 05 escalade,one jump start and the compustar was fried.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2011 at 9:38 PM / IP Logged  
never had a compustar unit die from jumpstarting.
reset the brain and program it all from scratch.
check if you are in valet mode.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
saleen49 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2011 at 10:23 PM / IP Logged  
I was able to reset the brain and all is fine again.  I had to borrow an OP500 to return some of the settings to default though.  What a pain in the rear this was.  All because the car battery was weak.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2011 at 12:02 AM / IP Logged  
you dont need an op500 to return settings to factory. that can be done with the remote/brake pedal.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
phil6710 
Copper - Posts: 89
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2012 at 9:27 PM / IP Logged  

I came acrossed a copustar unit a CS-600s that hada simaler problem. Some how almost all the programable options were changed to option 2 or 3. I reset itand it was fine. 

Solartech Window Tinting and Electronics,contract installer
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2012 at 9:42 PM / IP Logged  
I just started getting into Compustars, but I believe that they have an extra safety feature where they will go into Valet mode whenever the battery is disconnected or goes dead. Apparently this is an added safety in addition to the hood switch. May be something to keep in mind...
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic