icon

tough vehicles

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2011 at 7:58 PM / IP Logged  
After i was introduced to howard, i stopped complaining about the cars i get to work on. tough vehicles - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
carsolutions 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2011 at 8:14 PM / IP Logged  
i love the technology on cryslers 5 wires and your carstarter is done. can bus is one of the best doodie they have use on their vehicles.
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2011 at 8:34 PM / IP Logged  
Howies "French"  acronym made me bust out laughing!!! 
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2011 at 12:17 AM / IP Logged  
The problem being we only have access to one brand of by-pass here.
Then there are Yugos, Seat and Skoda, which are VW variations, Proton from Malaysia, possibly the worst cars ever apart from the former Soviet bloc.
jinstaller1 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2011 at 1:04 AM / IP Logged  

This is helpin out  i thank u all... yea when it comes to bypasses we use fortin and on occasion idata link. So far one of the easiest cars we do is the dodge chargers/magnums with the evo bypass and data the install takes at most with 20 other phone calls and a lunch break in the middle 45 min or if your in a hurry 15 min... I timed my boss the other day and it was 12.62 minutes start to finish... then you get the older dodges like the rams and crap (one thing comes to mind resisters and relays really come on...)

Jayce
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2011 at 2:14 AM / IP Logged  
To explain another foible (or eccentricity or just plain nasty) about Peugeots and Ciroens, ign 1 and ign 2 are continous.
OK, so what?
Here's the crunch:-
All top end alarms in Europe comply with the British Thatcham Cat 1 regulations, i.e. 2 immobiliser cuts, ECUs in metal boxes and solidly mounted or cable tied, must be buried, stealthed, solder joints, all black cables, battery back-up siren, door, hood and trunk switches compulsory, etc. etc.
Clifford with the G5 650 Mkll (same as Intelliguard 950) and Intellistart V is the favourite.
The problem is that baby doesn't have an ignition stand-off wire, so the ign. 1 is normally cut rather than fuel etc.
So there you are alarm's on and you activate the remote start, guess what?
The alarm triggers off because it's feeding back from ign2 to ign1!
I had to think through that one on my feet!
Relay on ignition 2, switch side to 87a, output from 30, GWR (status) from R/S to 85 and 2nd.ign. to 87 and 86.
BMW E46, feedback from the trunk lights, happens about 1 in 3 times when you arm, it triggers the alarm, again, a diode on each RED / yellow feed wire to each light unit.
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2011 at 9:03 AM / IP Logged  

Don't know if it has been mentioned, but try a new Altima PTS using an Idatalink module. A real PITA. You gotta have a speacial tool to get the BCM out and nobody sells the thing.

As for easy, Rav4 PTS using the TL1 software from Idata. This truly is a 15 minute install....

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic