icon

Pioneer DEH-P90HDD

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
blunted1 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2003 at 4:54 PM / IP Logged  
im in the process of upgrading my system in a 96 blazer. right now i have 4 alpine coaxials and a flex 5 (alpine 30rms x4) amp; old alpine hu, an alpine cd changer; 2 12" solobarics, and an alpine mrv 1507 pushing the subs.
im pretty set on getting a set of focal polykevlar components-i dont know what amp i should get to push them though-was thinking an mrv t757 or a kicker kx400.2
does anyone else have these components? what amp do you use?
i also need a new headunit-but im indecisive. im thinking of switching from alpine to pioneer and getting the Pioneer DEH-P90HDD with the 10 gig hard drive-sounds like a pretty sick feature, anyone have any experience with this unit? If i stay with alpine im thinking either the cda 7998 or the dva 7996 (so i can get an av system going)
any input would be greatly appreciated, but most importantly i need to know what amp i should go with for the focals
thanks in advance,
mike
IronCy 
Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2003 at 10:20 PM / IP Logged  

Its a pretty nice unit, but has some setbacks, one being its price.  The only thing other than the price would be that, to copy a song to the hard drive, you actually have to play it in your vehicle---it records as it plays, so if you wanted an entire cd on the hd--you would have to play all the tracks to get it loaded.  I guess if your listening to it anyway--it wouldnt matter. 

I would suggest holding off a few months, pioneer just released their new product catalogue, you might find a newer version that you like better, or get a deal--so the retailer can make room for newer units.

Either way---go play with the deck at a local shop before you make your decision.

-Cy

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic