icon

no start on an am7 volvo s60 2001

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
uchoward 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2011 at 7:01 PM / IP Logged  
Hi folks, Installed a dei am7 remote start unit with a 556u. I have one problem . The unit is failing to get a signal from the 556u. I can start it by keeping the other key in the ign cylinder while triggering the remote start . Any other methods or advice on a 01 Volvo s60 with am7/556u unit will be greatly appreciated.
ch
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 06, 2011 at 7:40 PM / IP Logged  
It sounds like either the ring is not in the proper position or your bypass is not turning on like it should. Did you make sure the status output from your system is activating properly?
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
uchoward 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2011 at 8:18 PM / IP Logged  
I have the input wire linked to the -status /defog wire , I can double check for a neg output from that terminal. I tried moving the ring around, swapped the jumpers around, keysense is hooked up to the + violet wire on the 556u I also went as far as hooking up the pink ign input wire . Can these cars work on a 556u?
ch
gabedemelo 
Copper - Posts: 64
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2011 at 11:42 PM / IP Logged  
hmm ill look that car up,.... try to hold the head of the key (transponder part) by where the key blade goes into the cylinder, dont put blade into cylinder just let it see transponder..... see if it remote starts that way, if not then it need keysense to remote start.... just a thought ill look up,... also only connect 3 wires from 556u,.. ground, status and 12v
GreenGables
gabedemelo 
Copper - Posts: 64
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2011 at 11:50 PM / IP Logged  
i looked up and it does say that the keysense wire is yellow wire that shows 12v when key is in cylinder, and that its required for remote start. give it ignition, if that doesnt work youl need to use status wire to trigger a relay.
GreenGables

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic