icon

responder 1, canmax400, 07 wrangler

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
toby12188 
Copper - Posts: 57
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2011 at 8:11 PM / IP Logged  
I've made all the correct connections and successfully programmed the bypass, but when I try to remote start it the parking lights flash 5 times. According to the manual that means the brake is pressed, but it's not. It's my understanding that the bypass controls the brake status.
I'm using d2d. The bypass manual mentions some jumpers on the responder need to both be in the horizontal position, but there are only jumpers for the tach and parking lights. Are there more jumpers within the remote start unit?
Any suggestions?
I didn't do it. *nodnod*
toby12188 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2011 at 8:14 PM / IP Logged  
It's an automatic, the neutral safety switch is grounded, hood pin wire is not grounded.
I didn't do it. *nodnod*
toby12188 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2011 at 9:29 PM / IP Logged  
I got the flashing lights issue worked out, and now it'll start the vehicle, but it shuts off as soon as it starts like it's an unprogrammed key. To program the bypass it says to:
When you plug the bypass in after connecting everything correctly the red light will come on solid.
Start the car with the key, turn it off, and hit the lock or unlock button on the factory remote. When it's programmed successfully the light will turn green.
So I do that and it seems to work correctly. Does this bypass have to be programmed like a new key?
I didn't do it. *nodnod*
toby12188 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2011 at 3:04 PM / IP Logged  
*bump* I still haven't gotten this figured out, is there nobody that has experience with the canmax400 and the Chrystler Sentry system?
I didn't do it. *nodnod*
ExtremeProAudio 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2011 at 7:43 PM / IP Logged  
Try remote starting the vehicle with the key in the ignition (in the off position) and see if the remote start keeps the vehicle running.
If you have the same problem, It's on the remote start end. If you have it set to virtual tach, try changing it to voltage sense. I've had problems with virtual tach on some vehicles where it would start and then die after a few seconds.
toby12188 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2011 at 10:52 PM / IP Logged  
It works correctly if i put a key in the ignition, so i at least know i've got the remote start hooked up correctly
I didn't do it. *nodnod*
ExtremeProAudio 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2011 at 11:35 PM / IP Logged  
I know your running D2D, but try hooking up your blue status wire from the remote start to the activation input on the CANMAX module. Sometimes D2D doesn't send that signal.
toby12188 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2011 at 8:24 AM / IP Logged  
Ok, i'll have to wait until this weekend (it's my GF's Jeep and she lives out of town) but i'll try that. Thank you very much for your help! In the meantime if anything else pops into your head please feel free to let me know lol
Thanks!
I didn't do it. *nodnod*
toby12188 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2011 at 1:30 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the suggestions, I ended up getting a freshly flashed DB-ALL that took care of it.
I didn't do it. *nodnod*

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic